[il-talk] Washington Seminar Applications

denise avant davant1958 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 21:57:32 UTC 2016

Hello all,

I am just sending out a friendly reminder. Washington seminar applications
are due to me by December 1, 2016 at 11:59 pm. The application can be found
at www.nfbofillinois.org <http://www.nfbofillinois.org> . Illinois selects
up to nine people, and you will know on or before  December 8, 2016 whether
you have been chosen. So far, I have four applications.  This is a great
opportunity for members of NFBI  to advocate for passage of key legislation
to blind people in the United States.  We do not know the NFB  legislative
agenda yet. But this year, it was the TIME  Act, Space Available, and
AIM-He. It It is a chance to meet other federationists from across the
country.  It's truly an awesome experience.

The 2017 Washington seminar will be from January 30 to Feb. 2, 2017.
However, if you are selected by the Washington Seminar committee, we ask
that you  arrive on Sunday, January 29, 2017, and leave no later than Feb.
1, 2016 at 7 pm. Please review the application carefully  when filling  it
out so you know what is needed. If selected, you will be asked to attend a
two hour training seminar by conference call at the end of December. Robert
Gardner is the co-chair of the federal  legislation committee, and will
handle the WS 2017 logistics. There will also be a meeting once you arrive
in Washington to go over the fact sheet, and practice your legislative
skills. You must attend all of the congressional meetings for which you are
assigned.

If you are a student and wish to apply for additional assistance from NABS,
you must have also applied through this affiliate's Washington seminar
process.

Thanks.

Denise R. Avant, President

National Federation Of The Blind Of Illinois

Live the life you want.