[il-talk] call for auction items

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 28 23:22:17 UTC 2016

As we proceed to the end of the year, we come to find that the time is near.
For what, you might ask? Our 43rd annual Christmas auction. Just think, you
can shop and help the Chicago Chapter raise funds at the same time. Not only
that, but you just might have the perfect opportunity to provide something
from your nesteg of items you have seldom if ever used.

The date for this not-to-be-missed extravaganza is Saturday, December 10,
immediately following the Chicago Chapter meeting which begins at 12:00
noon.

So, what might one donate for a gift? Just let your imagination run wild for
that answer. In past auctions, we have sold everything from dishes to dates,
from baked goods to special libations, from historic stemware to thumb
drives of NFBI history.

It would be helpful if you post items you plan to donate, so that people
have an idea about what they may bid on before the auction begins.

And, so it might be as I fade out of sight;

Happy shopping to all, and to all a good night.

David Meyer, NFB of Illinois

Coordinator and Channel Administrator, NFB-NewsLine