[il-talk] Nearby explorer

Glenn III gmoore3rd at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 10:58:01 UTC 2017

Hi Melissa,
I'm not too familiar with how that specific app gets location info, but
with many apps that locate, they use your phone's hardware. You may have a
system setting to enhance location by allowing more ways to locate you (for
example, on my android, I can opt to allow or not allow location in
general, wifi--so my phone can tell from all the networks in the
neighborhood where I am--cellular network triangulation etc. Most apps that
use location (like maps or uber) will say I need at least some location
setting on for me to use, but won't bother me if, let's say, I had WiFi
locating disabled. But WiFi may be dry useful in downtown areas where
buildings obscure sattelite or network locating.
So, I'm thinking  your ios system may have a locating tool disabled and the
app isn't asking for all available tools (or it did but the notification
may have escaped accessibility).
I'd suggest checking system settings to enable all location options and if
anything was disabled, accuracy might improve after enabling.