[il-talk] FW: ICBV Office Update March 21, 2017

denise avant davant1958 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 00:32:51 UTC 2017

Denise R. Avant, President

Live the life you want.

For more information about NFBI,

Go to www.nfbofillinois.org.

From: Kathy Ungaro [mailto:icbv at sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 3:44 PM
To: Kathy Ungaro <icbv at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: ICBV Office Update March 21, 2017

ICBV Office Update

March 21, 2017

*1) Calendar of Events

*2) House Bill 2626, our Parental Rights for the Blind

How to contact your reps

*3) Sample Letter for HB 2626

*4) IAMC Legislative Report

*5) Cullen & Associates Session Update

*6) Cook County Clarify how the Tax can be Displayed

*7) IRPA Pushes For Vending Sales Tax Bill in Indiana

*8) Will a ‘Soda Tax’ Be Hard to Swallow?

Check out all of the states that have beverage taxes on the table

*9) Supreme Court Asks Government if Vending Machines Must Comply With ADA Rules, Blind Person Appeals Coke Suit

*10) Hadley Institute for the Blind and Visually Impaired Open House March 22nd

*11) This Week on Eyes on Success – Data Visualization Updates from SAS

*12) Broker News Hoffman Vogler, Lee Chota American Classic Pastry New Name

*13) RSA Buying Group Information

**1 Calendar of Events

April 18-21. 2017

NAMA and NFBEI/RSA Training in Vegas

>From Terry Smith, NFBEI - Mark your calendars now! The NFBEI and the RSA Management Group will be conducting a half-day training for Randolph-Sheppard stakeholders in conjunction with the NAMA One Show in Las Vegas April 18-21. The One Show is an amazing 3-day event that includes educational seminars, high profile keynote speakers, and the largest exhibit hall in the industry with literally hundreds of companies showing cutting edge equipment and new vend products. The RSA training will be from noon to 5:00 PM on Tuesday, April 18th.

See the following RSA agenda for their training session on Tuesday April 18, 2017 from 2-5 pm the day before the NAMA show in Vegas starts.  Exact location to follow.

Topics will include:

Tips on how to increase your rebates

Latest vending technology

Showcase of new vending equipment available

Showcase of new micro market equipment and technology

Additional NAMA info:

Former First Lady Laura Bush To Keynote NAMA's OneShow 2017

April 22, 2017 Saturday

The Illinois Association of Blind Students, the student chapter of the NFB of Illinois, presents a 2017 Student Spring Seminar: BEATING the BARRIERS

WHERE? Holiday Inn Midway: 6624 S. Cicero Ave., Chicago, IL  60638.  To reserve your hotel room, call 708-563-6490. Tell the hotel you are booking with the National Federation of the Blind of Illinois for the special rate of $129 per night (plus tax).

HOW MUCH? The Seminar costs only $15 per person. Financial assistance may be available for attendees outside Chicagoland through the NFBI Chappell-Dennis Memorial fund. Please apply by April 1,2017.

HOW TO REGISTER and/or apply for financial assistance: Please register at the National Federation of the Blind of Illinois web site. Follow the links to Spring seminar.

WHY WAIT? Registration ends April 14, 2017.

Special requests and questions should be directed to Emma Meyer at:  <mailto:MeyerEmma13 at gmail.com> MeyerEmma13 at gmail.com . Sign up to our free listservs (IL-Talk and IABS-Talk) at nfb.org/listserv for updates and info (or to post questions or comments).

SAVE THE DATE:

May 4 – 6 2017

Illinois BEPB/ICBV Spring Election Committee Meetings

Abe Lincoln Hotel, Springfield IL

SUBJECT: Upcoming ICBV Meeting, Election and Training Conference

We are looking forward to meeting with all of you at the upcoming Training Conference being held at the President Abraham Lincoln (Doubletree Hilton) Hotel in Springfield, Illinois. The telephone number is 217-544-8800.

On Friday, May 05, 2017 the Illinois Committee of Blind Vendors (ICBV) will meet from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

On Friday, May 05, 2017 starting at 7:00 p.m. the ICBV will hold their annual election.  A roll call of attendance will be conducted.  Registration will begin at 5:30 p.m. and we expect to have the election completed by 9:00 p.m.  Attached is a copy of the 2017 Illinois Committee of Blind Vendor’s list of Incumbents and Nominee form.  We will be conducting a general business meeting and distributing trust fund checks at the conclusion of the election.

On Saturday, May 06, 2017 registration will begin at 8:00 a.m. with a roll call of attendance at 9:00 a.m. and a half day training session.

Illinois Members - Please remember that your attendance at our annual training session is required and part of your ongoing certification.

SAVE THE DATE:

September 12-15, 2017

NABM BLAST 2017

Nashville Airport Marriott Hotel

Tradeshow September 13th

Mark Your Calendars Now!!!!

Visit  <http://www.blindmerchants.org/> www.blindmerchants.org for more information as it becomes available.  For more information, contact Nicky Gacos at  <mailto:nickycolorado at netscape.net> nickycolorado at netscape.net  or call him at (908) 464-5359 or contact Terry Smith at  <mailto:terrysmith at epbfi.com> terrysmith at epbfi.com  or 865-599-7148.

July 17-28 2017

The National Federation of the Blind is excited to offer its Braille Enrichment for Literacy and Learning Program, BELL, this summer in Illinois. This is a great opportunity for Braille skills to be addressed in a fun and new environment.

Where: The Chicago Lighthouse 1850 W. Roosevelt Rd. Chicago, Il 60608

When: Monday- Friday, July 17-28 2017

Times: 8:30-3:30

Cost: $50

We will explore and learn new braille and blindness skills. As a group, field trips will be taken twice a week to utilize and improve mobility skills. Apply NOW at:  <https://nfb.org/bell-academy> https://nfb.org/bell-academy

July 31- August 4, 2017

The National Federation of the Blind is excited to offer its Braille Enrichment for Literacy and Learning Program, BELL, this summer in Illinois. This opportunity will be a weeklong residential program on Illinois State University’s campus.

Where: Springfield, IL

Who: Blind child/Parent pairs

Cost: $50

The children will explore and learn new braille and blindness skills.

A Parent session will run parallel with the student portion. Information on allowing for independence, community resources and child advocacy and much more will be covered. Apply NOW at:  <https://nfb.org/bell-academy> https://nfb.org/bell-academy

**2 Shared by Bill Reif via IL-Talk

House Bill 2626, our Parental Rights for the Blind Act, has passed the

House Judiciary Civil Committee, and will now be considered by the full house. Although committee passage normally bodes well for passage by the full house, this certainly is not assured in this case where the

Department of Children and Family Services opposes the bill. Each of us must call or write our respective representative to urge their support of this important legislation. We must point out that many parents in custody disputes and sometimes upon the birth of their children are threatened with termination of custody or limitation of unsupervised visitation based almost exclusively on the fact that they are blind and the unwillingness of some courts or social workers to believe that the blind can safely supervise and interact with them. A similar effort will need to be undertaken in the Senate when the bill is considered there.

The easiest way to do this is to visit the site elections.state.il.us and look for the district/official search link. You will find links for the desktop or the mobile version. The district version is not accessible for most of us. If you know your nine-digit zip, type it in the address box, tab past clear, and press enter on the search button.

Alternatively, you can type in your address in the form [street number and name], [city], and [state]. You will then be taken to a similar page with a "confirm address" button, which you will press to be taken to the listing, which will be something like the below for mine. Much of what's blank on mine would, on the site, be actual links to their web sites, etc. If you can't get this process to succeed for you, please feel free to call me at 217-801-2996.

I am told by those who do such work that email is the least effective form of contact, with snail mail letters being the most effective, except on the federal level due to the Anthrax attacks of several years ago. Know the bill number and a little about its substance, and determine that the person who answers the phone is the one who will convey your request to the representative. Calling the Springfield office is your best bet to connect with someone, as some local offices are rarely staffed.

Cordially,

Bill Reif, State Legislation Committee Co chair

addressfinder

62702-3835

U.S. Congressional District #13

Official: Rodney Davis - Republican

Office: US Representative

Email:

Website:www.rodneydavis.house.gov

Contact Information:

2833 S. Grand Avenue East

Springfield, IL 62703

Phone: 217-791-6224

Fax: 217-791-6166

108 E. Market Street

Taylorville, IL 62568

Phone: 217-824-5117

Fax: 217-824-5121

243 S. Water Street, Suite 100

Decatur, IL 62523

Phone: 217-791-6224

Fax: 217-791-6168

15 Professional Park Drive

Maryville, IL 62062

Phone: 618-205-8660

Fax: 618-205-8662

2004 Fox Drive

Champaign, IL 61820

Phone: 217-403-4690

Fax: 217-403-4691

104 W. North Street

Normal, IL 61761

Phone: 309-252-8834

Fax:

1740 Longworth House Office Bldg.

Washington, DC 20515

Phone: 202-225-2371

Fax: 202-226-0791

Senate District #44

Official: William E. Brady - Republican

Office: State Senator

Email:

Website:

Contact Information:

103B State Capitol Building

Springfield, IL 62706

Phone: 217-782-6216

Fax: 217-782-4079

2203 Eastland Drive

Suite 3

Bloomington, IL 61704

Phone: 309-664-4440

Fax: 309-664-8544

Representative District #87

Official: Tim Butler - Republican

Office: State Representative

Email:butler at ilhousegop.org

Website:

Contact Information:

1128-E Stratton Office Building

Springfield, IL 62706

Phone: 217-782-0053

Shared by Robert Hansen:

 As Bill previously mentioned, it is easiest to find your state rep if you have your 9 digit zip code go to www.usps.com <http://www.usps.com/>  and type in your address and you can find it that way

Also shared by Deborah Kent:

I have discovered a very accessible website where you can find the names of your legislators and even get your nine-digit zip code. Go to nea.capwiz.com, a site created by the National Education Association to help members take action on legislative initiatives. Go to the link for

Legislative Action Center and Find Legislators. It will ask for your address, city, and state, and will give you all of your legislators (congressional and state) as well as your zip code with its four-digit extension.

**3 Shared By Patti Chang, Treasurer NFBI

Below is what I sent to my representative. Feel free to use it as a template.

Dear Representative Martwick:

I write to urge your support of HB2626, the Parental Rights for the Blind

Act. This bill introduced by Representative Laura Fine was voted out of

committee on Wednesday. This legislation is badly needed. Too many times blindness serves as a sole basis for custody decisions or decisions made by DCFS. As the blind parent of two successful adults I can personally attest that blind people can and do raise children. We simply learn to do things nonvisually. But people who do not understand blindness assume that parenting is impossible because they do not know how to perform tasks without sight.

Right now I know of one case where a child was removed from mom in the hospital. The accusations include abuse and neglect which I submit would be difficult before one has an opportunity to care for a child. That case is particularly egregious as mom has two teenagers at home who are doing well.

There is another case of a dad who is forced to have "a sighted person present" when he visits his child. That is a nasty divorce case where dad was capable of being alone with the child until the divorce. HB2626 would prevent DCFS from overreaching based upon misconceptions and would stop estranged spouses from employing blindness as a weapon in court.

These are not isolated instances. As an active member of the National

Federation of the Blind I have encountered a couple of these cases every year for decades.

Senator Mulroe already committed to help with this bill in the Senate. It has bipartisan support as it was preintroduced by Senator Resin.

This bill still protects children if blindness should be a real issue. A judge is simply forced to enter specific findings and DCFS is forced to provide us the same supportive services as other parents. Right now Illinois case law holds that the ADA is inapposite when it comes to supportive services so a parent who could parent if networked into the blind parent community for mentoring and if taught adaptive techniques is separated from a child unnecessarily.

Please support children and parents who should be together in a loving household. It is just wrong to assume that blind people can't parent effectively based on the misunderstanding of the capacity of the blind. It is bad for children and it is bad for our state generally.

Finally, I would submit that unnecessary removals are fiscally irresponsible. So, for humane and fiscal reasons HB2626 is past due.

Please feel free to contact me personally with questions and/or concerns. My mobile number is (773) 307-6440.

Patti S. Gregory-Chang Esq.

Treasurer

pattischang at gmail.com <mailto:pattischang at gmail.com>

**4 IAMC Legislative Report

Legislative Report on the 100th General Assembly 2017 Spring Session

March 19, 2017 Prepared by BP Consultants for IAMC

The attached Legislative Report includes legislation from the 2017 Spring Session of the 100th General Assembly. This report has been prepared by BP Consultants on behalf of IAMC.

The House and Senate were in session this past week. The House returns Tuesday, March 21st with a continued focus on committee action, and the Senate returns on Tuesday, March 28th.  Although the Senate deadline to report substantive bills from committee was Friday, March 17th, the deadline was extended for many bills. The House deadline to report substantive bills from committee is March 31, 2017.

There was no further movement on the Senate compromise “grand bargain” package of bills. However, Senators Tracy and Connelly introduced two pension reform bills (SB 2172 and SB 2173) and Governor Rauner announced that he would support providing the Chicago Public Schools a one year $215 million payment towards their pension costs if the new pension reform bills are passed. One of the bills is similar to Senate President Cullerton’s proposal that would provide workers a choice of lesser benefits if they want to continue receiving increases in their pensions after retirement.  The other bill would create a new Tier 3 plan for newly hired workers. Cullerton’s spokesman responded, “That legislation forces permanent pension changes for thousands of teachers, university employees and state workers, and the tradeoff is one-time funding assistance for Chicago schools. That’s a bad deal.”

House Speaker Madigan asked three House human services related committees to hold a joint hearing Thursday to determine how Medicaid cuts being pushed by the Trump Administration and congressional Republicans in the American Health Care Act could affect children, families and other vulnerable residents in Illinois. The current proposal would phase out an expansion of Medicaid and cap federal spending for the entire program going forward. David Gross of the Illinois Health and Hospital Association testified that Illinois could lose at least $38 billion in federal Medicaid funding over the act’s 10-year lifespan. Representative Greg Harris said one in four Illinois citizens receives Medicaid benefits and could be affected. He said the state would need to find ways to fill the $4 billion per year hole. Otherwise, he said, Illinois would have to cover fewer people, offer fewer services or cut rates to care providers.

Governor Rauner’s administration has filed a direct appeal to the Illinois Supreme Court in AFSCME’s case to block the administration from implementing its last, best and final offer. General Counsel Dennis Murashko said, “After 67 days of negotiation, the Administration presented AFSCME with a contract that reflects our last, best, and final offer. This is as far as we can go, and it is time to implement it. Every day we don’t costs our taxpayers more than $2 million, which is why we are asking the Illinois Supreme Court to resolve this case quickly.” AFSCME Council 31 responded, “Instead of wasting more time and money in the courts, Governor Rauner should simply do his job and negotiate with our union. State workers are willing to do their part, but Bruce Rauner is so blinded by his anti-union animosity that he refuses to compromise. Contrary to the misleading statements from the governor’s office, no other union has accepted Rauner’s extreme demands that would hike health costs by 100%, freeze wages for four years and remove safeguards against irresponsible privatization schemes.”

The Senate is trying to move a new version of a bill that would automatically register Illinoisans to vote. SB 1933 (Senator Manar) would allow residents to immediately opt out of automatic voter registration when they get their driver's licenses renewed. Under this new bill, qualified residents would automatically be registered to vote when they visit the Illinois Secretary of State and other state agencies for services. Additionally, there would be checks in place to ensure no one is registered to vote who should not be. The bill would take effect July 1, 2018 to allow agencies that are affected time to implement the changes. SB 1933 was passed out of the Senate Executive Committee on a vote of 10-3-1 and is on Second Reading.

The House Education Task Force held its first meeting on Tuesday with the aim to follow up on the Governor’s commission on school funding that made recommendations but produced no legislation. House Majority Leader Currie, the task force chair, said, “It is our task to try to move forward and see if we can fill in the blanks.” Representative Pritchard, the Minority Spokesman on the task force, also pledged Republican support for moving legislation this session to overhaul the current school funding formula.

The Joint Committee on Administrative Rules (JCAR) had two deadlocked votes (along party lines) on efforts by Democratic members to block the Department of Human Services from implementing a new overtime rule for home care workers. As a result, DHS can now enforce the rule that will cap workers in the Home Services Program at 40 hours a week with some exceptions. The personal assistants help disable people stay in their homes rather than live in a nursing home or other institution. DHS said the new rule will result in better service to clients and will also cut state costs. Advocates for the disabled contend that many need more extensive care than 40 hours a week, and to receive that care they may have to find a second caregiver with whom they may not have the same kind of relationship.

Upcoming Important Dates and Deadlines:

March 21, 2017 – Next Session Date for House

March 28, 2017 – Next Session Date for Senate

March 31, 2017 – House Substantive Committee Deadline

April 8 – 23, 2017 – Spring Break for General Assembly

April 28, 2017 – House Third Reading Deadline for Substantive House Bills and Senate Third Reading Deadline for Substantive Senate Bills

May 12, 2017 – Senate Substantive Committee Deadline for House Bills in the Senate

May 19, 2017 – House Substantive Committee Deadline for Senate Bills in the House

May 26, 2017 – House Third Reading Deadline for Substantive Senate Bills and Senate Third Reading Deadline for Substantive House Bills

May 31, 2017 – Scheduled Adjournment

Thank you,

Desi Harris

desiharris at msn.com <mailto:desiharris at msn.com>

**5 From Tom Cullen, Cullen & Associates Session Update

Additional Information not included above from IAMC

Telecommunications legislation (SB1381 (Cunningham)) passed a Senate Committee last week.  Specifically, the legislation provides that beginning July 1, 2017, a Large Electing Provider may cease to offer and provide a telecommunications service to an identifiable class or group of customers, other than voice telecommunications service to residential customers, upon 60 days' notice to the Commission and affected customers.   Companion House legislation, HB2691 (Phelps), remains under consideration by the House Public Utilities Committee. SB 1381 is now pending before the full Senate.

Legislation to provide for synchronization of prescription medication refills (HB2957 (Fine)) unanimously passed the House this week.  The bill now heads to the Senate.

Legislation to create the Network Adequacy Transparency Act (HB 311 (Greg Harris)) passed unanimously out of the House Insurance Committee.

Both Chambers are considering legislation to create the Right to Know Act.  The legislation provides that an operator of a commercial website or online service that collects personally identifiable information via the internet about individual customers residing in Illinois who use or visit its commercial website or online service must provide notice to customers regarding personal information sharing practices.  (SB1502 (Hastings)) passed a Senate Committee by a vote of 7-4-1 and is now pending before the full Senate.  HB2774  (Turner) remains under consideration in a House Committee.

Legislation (HB 547 (Zalewski)) to increase the amount that a local municipality would be required to enter into a bid for maintenance services of public property passed the House.  The bill now heads to the Senate for consideration.

A bi-partisan House resolution (HR148 (McSweeney)) opposing a tax on sugary beverages was assigned to a House subcommittee last week.  The resolution has over sixty sponsors and co-sponsors.

Both Chambers will hold committee hearings this week to discuss the State’s financial outlook.  The House Revenue Committee will hold a subject matter hearing on Tuesday, March 21st at 10 am in Room C-1 of the Stratton Building to discuss revenue estimates.  The Senate Appropriations Committees will hold a subject matter hearing on March 22nd in the Bilandic Building in Chicago to discuss the status of the State’s economy, the deficit, and the FY18 budget. The Commission on Government Forecasting and Accountability recently announced that it has revised downward its revenue estimates for FY17 and FY18.

The newly-formed House Education Task Force held a hearing last week in Springfield.  The bi-partisan group of 26 Representatives will work to change the way the State finances public schools with the hope of creating a new funding model to be approved this session.  Chairwoman Barbara Flynn Currie noted that the Governor’s Commission on Education Funding Reform made clear that Illinois must do more to support lower-income school districts, but fell short of developing a plan to do so.  The group will continue to meet throughout the session.

A Cook County judge deferred his ruling in the state legislator pay lawsuit.  The judge agreed to allow the attorneys representing the legislators to present a new argument on March 23rd.  The group of current and former Democratic legislators filed the suit in response to former Comptroller Munger’s decision to place legislator paychecks in the same “waiting que” as others waiting for checks from the State.

Below you will find notes from an appropriations committee subject matter hearing held last week to discuss the potential impact of federal healthcare reform on the State of Illinois’ healthcare programs and an insurance committee subject matter hearing on anti-PBM legislation.

SUBJECT MATTER HEARING ON ANTI-PBM BILLS

A subject matter hearing was held last Wednesday on two bills in the Senate Insurance Committee.  The bills, dealing with (1) MAC pricing and (2) interactions between PBMs and pharmacies, were introduced on behalf of the Independent Pharmacists.  Much of the testimony was provided by an independent pharmacist who spoke of pricing inconsistencies, outdated MAC price lists, and questionable auditing practices of PBMs.  He felt that PBMs are bullies that reimburse below costs and do not provide a morally, legitimate appeals process, with the exception of Caremark, who the witness notes was the only PBM that treats him properly.  Michael Harrold from Express Scrips addressed the MAC pricing legislation, noting that generics are essentially commodities.  He stated that when a generic enters the market, the first competitor drops the brand name price by 20%. The more generics that enter the market, the lower a manufacturer will continue to drop the price.  Mr. Harrold stated that MAC pricing was created because pharmacists were continuing to charge the higher cost and work off of the original brand price while keeping the profits after a generic enters the market.  He further stated that MAC pricing encourages pharmacists to purchase pharmaceuticals as aggressively as possible, and independent pharmacists should use intermediaries for pooling and buying power.  Mr. Harrold said that while PBMs need pharmacies, the pharmacy space is very competitive.  He also noted that chain pharmacies create a lot of competition for independent pharmacies.  Senator McConchie shared that he has heard similar stories from pharmacists that have had difficulties with PBMS, and he would like to see pricing transparency in the pharmacy area to better understand the issues being discussed about different pricing methods.  Mr. Harrold said there have been some “abusive practices” by PBMs, but noted that all PBMs and pharmacists do things differently.  Mr. Harrold then committed to sit down with the independent pharmacists and discuss reasonable concerns.  Both bills are being held by their sponsors at this time while discussions are held between the PBMs and pharmacists.

IMPACT OF POTENTIAL FEDERAL HEALTHCARE LAW CHANGES IN ILLINOIS

The House Appropriations-Human Services Committee held a hearing last week to discuss the potential impact on the State of Illinois of the federal Affordable Care Act (ACA) repeal and other healthcare law changes.  Chairman Greg Harris stated that the expected changes will have a profound impact on Illinois, and not just on the State’s Medicaid program.  Other programs, such as federally-qualified health centers, the Children’s Health Insurance Program, Maternal and Child Health programs, and other social services block grants, as well as healthcare provided via the Exchange, will all be affected.

It is estimated by the Congressional Budget Office that 24 million Americans, including 14 million Medicaid beneficiaries, will be uninsured by 2026 under the current House plan.  Presumptive eligibility will be repealed, and an analysis prepared by NAMI and APA estimates that mental health and substance abuse services will be reduced by 20-25%, giving concern for the continuation opioid abuse treatment programs.

Representative Flowers provided comments, stating that she is still hoping that a single-payor health system can be attained.  Representative Gable noted that Illinois spends more than $20 billion on Medicaid; therefore, the State must be thoughtful about how it will address changes coming from the federal government.  Representative Bellock noted that Illinois has recently had major changes in healthcare with the ACA and expansion population, Medicaid reforms, managed care, and changes in Administration on both the state and federal levels.

HFS Director Norwood stated that the first critical provision under consideration at the federal level is the imposition of a per capita cap on state Medicaid expenditures.  Beginning in 2020, the cap would apply to the elderly, blind and disabled, children, expansion enrollees, and other adults.  States would be eligible for their match to the extent that expenditures were less than or equal to the aggregate “target” per capita cap for the fiscal year.  The “target” amount will be set by a state’s total Medicaid expenditures for FY16, minus some payments, such as disproportionate share hospital payments.  The state’s fiscal year 2019 per capita amount would be calculated using the FY16 baseline and would be inflated by the percentage increase in the medical care component of the CPI from September of 2016 to September of 2019.   If a state spends above that cap, it will be required to repay the federal match received on that amount based on its established goal for overall Medicaid expenditures.  Under this scenario, the federal government’s risk exposure will be capped at the Illinois per capita cap in FY19, which represents a major change in Medicaid funding.  Today, Illinois’ overall match is 51.3%.  In October of next year, the overall match will decline to approximately 50.74%, keeping Illinois’ match rate at the bottom of all states.  Medicaid match roughly ranges from 50% to 75% match.  The match rate is determined by a state’s considered relative wealth, and Illinois is considered a wealthier state.

The second provision of concern to Director Norwood is the amount of FMAP that will be applicable to the Medicaid expansion population under the new House proposal.  The increased federal match for new enrollees into the expansion population, now at 90%, will not be available after 12/31/2020.  Enrollment is essentially frozen for the expansion population for those in the program prior to 12/31/19.  Further, the enhanced FMAP only remains for the current expansion population as long as there is no break in eligibility of longer than one month.   (It is estimated that 30-40% of Illinois’ population becomes temporarily ineligible during the redetermination process, in addition to “churn” with the Exchange program.  The State could potentially have to cover these individuals at the lower match.)  States can still reinstate coverage and have new enrollees, but the reimbursement from the federal government will be at the traditional 50% match rate.  If this happens, Illinois law provides that enrollees who have gaps and lose coverage will no longer be covered by the State after the third month following the month in which the reduction in FMAP would take effect.  To the extent any time the federal government makes a change for the expansion population where match is below 90%, the State’s obligation to provide coverage would cease.  As of January 31, 2017, 650,000 individuals are covered by Medicaid expansion.

Some additional requirements of the current, federal proposal include:

States are required to re-determine eligibility every 6 months for expansion population (Illinois currently conducts re-determinations every year (approximately)).

Changes the effective date for retroactive coverage.  Illinois currently conducts a 3-month look back to provide coverage, but under the federal proposal, beneficiaries would only be eligible for the month in which they apply.

Individuals who have $80,000 or more in lottery winnings in a year would not qualify.

Applicants must document citizenship for coverage (currently, applicants must attest to citizenship and then may later provide documentation.).

The State of Illinois has articulated specific issues to the Illinois federal D.C. staff for consideration in any new federal plan. Any baseline must include Illinois’ 1115 waiver request to support our behavioral health transformation to bring needed dollars to the State around the opioid crisis.

Illinois has submitted a number of state plan amendments (ie – integrated health homes) that need to be in the baseline.

Also needed in the baseline is an appreciation of Illinois’ budget situation and how we currently handle paid claims that might be different from other states.  The baseline must be established in a way that does not just consider claims paid in a particular fiscal year, but also includes the dates of service within a specific fiscal year (since Illinois’ payments area so far behind schedule).

For the last five years, the medical care component of the CPI has been at roughly 3.1 percent.  Illinois been growing in the area of 2.3%, so the medical CPI should not affect our annual increase (at least in the short-term).  It’s most important that we have certain items included in our baseline, as we haven’t adequately addressed some services in the past (ie – behavioral health and community services).

Representative Harris asked, if Illinois is capped as costs rise, for example with a new pharmaceuticals that come to market to cure many “dreaded” diseases, but those pharmaceuticals have a large price tag, will it fall to the State to cover the cost increases that could exceed the cap?  Will Illinois have to change eligibility or limit services?  New coverage items must be within our cap or not be matched if beyond the cap.

Other questions dealt with whether or not hospital assessment funds, the ACA 400/800 hospital funding formula, rate reform, and the safety net hold harmless provisions would be included in the baseline and allowed to continue.  Director Norwood stated that 49 states have some kind of provider assessments on hospitals, nursing homes, and other providers, so the State will be working collaboratively with providers and strongly advocate for retention of these programs, along with other states.

The Director further mentioned that Illinois has its own state “deadline” on hospital assessments in place, so legislators should “fasten their seatbelts” because it is going to be “a bumpy ride that affects every district in the State of Illinois.”  The two, hospital assessments currently in place are set to expire June 30, 2018.

During its testimony, the Illinois Hospital Association (IHA) noted that the Congressional Budget Office estimates that federal Medicaid funding to the states will be reduced by $880 billion over the next decade, including a drop in FMAP funding of $40 billion for Illinois (due to the drop in match from 90% to 50% for the expansion population).

Illinois receives $3.2 billion in FMAP funding for the expansion population per year (slightly higher in subsequent years of $3.5 billion).  The IHA estimates that without this funding, the State would sustain $7.6 billion to $8.4 billion in reduced economic activity, resulting in 55,000 to 60,000 in lost jobs.  Attached is a map that shows the disparity in Illinois federal funding support compared to surrounding states. Until calendar year 2017, the expansion population was fully funded by the federal government.   The total amount of Medicaid funding to Illinois in 2016 was a little more than $11 billion.  ACA enhanced federal funding is approximately 30% of total federal funding received by Illinois.

**6 From Claudia Rodriguez Acting Executive Director, Illinois Beverage Association,

The Cook County Department of Revenue just issued the attached memo to clarify how the tax can be displayed when included in the sale price, please let us know if you have any questions.

Cook County Department of Revenue Regulation

Sweetened Beverage Tax Regulation 2017-2

Subject – Inclusion of tax in the sale price

Effective Date – March 20th, 2017

On November 10, 2016, the Cook County Board enacted the Sweetened Beverage Tax Ordinance (“Ordinance”). The Ordinance imposes a $0.01 tax on each ounce of sweetened beverage sold at retail in the County. The ultimate liability of the tax is to be borne by the retail purchaser. 74-852.

The Ordinance provides the following:

It shall be deemed a violation of this Article for any distributor or retailer to fail to include the tax imposed in this Article in the sale price of the sweetened beverage, syrup and/or powder or to otherwise absorb the tax, unless otherwise required by law. The tax levied in this Article shall be in addition to any other taxes. 74-852(c).

The Department hereby issues this regulation to clarify how the tax can be displayed when included in the sale price.

Pursuant to the section quoted above, the tax must be included in the advertised selling price. It is not permissible for a business to fail to include the tax in the advertised price and add it in at the register (point of sale). However, the Ordinance does not specify how the selling price should be displayed.

When a registered distributor sells sweetened beverages, syrup and/or powder to a retailer for sale within Cook County, or when a retailer sells sweetened beverages in Cook County at retail, the registered distributor or retailer must include the tax in the sale price for the product. A registered distributor or retailer may, in its discretion, separately list the base price and the Cook County Sweetened Beverage Tax on its invoice provided that such a listing must be preceded or followed on the invoice by the total sale price for the sweetened beverage, syrup and/or powder. This listing must accompany the description of the product on the invoice. The Sweetened Beverage Tax cannot be added to the price of a product on an invoice after the listing of the product’s total sale price. Alternatively, a registered distributor or retailer may, in its discretion, include language on the invoice indicating that the Cook County Sweetened Beverage Tax is included in the stated sale price without separately listing the tax on the invoice.

**7 From Vending Times - IRPA Pushes For Vending Sales Tax Bill In Indiana Issue Date: Vol. 57, No. 4, April 2017, Posted On: 3/15/2017 by Emily Jed

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Indiana Refreshment Providers Association is working to pass a bill that would give food and drinks sold from vending machines the same sales tax treatment as other retailers. The bill (HB 1013) is cosponsored by Sens. Ryan Mishler (R-Bremen), Jim Buck (R-Kokomo) and Karen Tallian (D-Portage). It passed the Senate Commerce and Technology Committee by a vote of 9-0 in a hearing last week.

IRPA president Jeff Snyder, Snyder Food Services Inc. (Kendallville), testified on the industry's behalf, along with Justin McDonald of American Food and Vending (Indianapolis). The bill will now be recommitted to the Tax & Fiscal Policy committee, which is chaired by Sen. Brandt Hershman (R-Lafayette).

"We are at the critical juncture for the passage of this bill," IRPA said. "If we can obtain a hearing in this committee and receive a majority vote, the chance of passing the bill into law is outstanding."

Separately, another bill in Indiana (SB77), which legally defines a micromarket and its operation, will have its first hearing in the Indiana House of Representatives on Wednesday, March 15, at 1:30 p.m  <http://www.vendingtimes.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=EB79A487112B48A296B38C81345C8C7F&nm=Vending+Features&type=Publishing&mod=Publications%3A%3AArticle&mid=8F3A7027421841978F18BE895F87F791&tier=4&id=2BD417AC75C54737A42DDDEFB7DBC0C5> READ MORE

**8 From the National Restaurant Association – NRA Smart Brief

Will a ‘soda tax’ be hard to swallow? March 20, 2017

The debate around taxing sugary beverages is growing. Politicians are looking to tax sugar-sweetened beverages that retailers and restaurants sell. Some are even throwing artificially-sweetened drinks into the mix. They say it’s to curtail consumption, but there’s no denying it creates extra revenue to support budget shortfalls and public works programs.

A little bit of background

According to some public health organizations, the beverages consist of sodas, energy drinks, pre-sweetened teas and caloric sweeteners. They say they’re linked to Type 2 diabetes, obesity and tooth decay.

A national tax hasn’t happened, but several states, including California, Connecticut, Maryland, Vermont, and Washington, have introduced their own legislation. Most haven’t passed; the one in Washington is pending and West Virginia has a little-known “soda tax” on its books.

But measures in cities and other locales are the ones to watch. In some areas, the tax has been introduced as a ballot initiative. In others, it passed. In California, the cities of Albany and Berkeley enacted legislation. Philadelphia also implemented the tax. In San Francisco, Oakland, Calif., Boulder, Colo., and Cook County, Ill., legislation passed, but the taxes there are not yet in effect.

Where things stand …

Are you concerned about a “soda tax” in your city? Here’s where they are now:

Albany, Calif.

The City Council placed a soda tax on the November 2016 ballot, which passed. The 1-cent-per-ounce distributor tax on sugar-sweetened beverages should generate an extra $223,000 in revenues.

Boulder, Colo.

The city’s 2-cent-per-ounce distributor tax on sugar-sweetened beverages passed in November. It is expected to generate an additional $3.8 million per year in revenues. The money will help support public health programs.

Berkeley, Calif.

The nation’s first “soda tax” was passed in 2014 and went into effect a year later. The 1-cent-per-ounce distributor tax on sugar-sweetened beverages has generated additional annual revenues of more than $1.2 million.

Cook County, Ill.

County board president Toni Preckwinkle proposed a 1-cent-per-ounce tax on sugar-sweetened and artificially-sweetened beverages last October. She introduced the tax as part of the county's 2017 budget. It passed and revenues will be applied to the budget’s projected shortfall this year.

Oakland, Calif.

The City Council measure passed in November. The tax calls for a 1-cent-per-ounce charge on sugar-sweetened beverages. It is expected to generate additional revenue of $6 million to $10 million.

Philadelphia

In June, the City Council passed a 1.5-cent-per-ounce distributor tax on sugar-sweetened and diet beverages. Mayor Jim Kenney proposed the tax in last March. It passed as part of the city’s budget. Funds from the tax could top $91 million, according to published reports, and will help support universal pre-K education, community schools, school and city building retrofits and the city’s pension system.

San Francisco

City supervisors pushed for a 1-cent-per-ounce distributor's tax on sugar-sweetened beverages in 2015. The measure passed in November. The extra revenue is expected to reach $15 million and go to the city’s general fund.

Santa Fe, N.M.

A special election will be held May 2, so voters can decide whether the city should impose a 2-cent-per-ounce distributor tax on sugar-sweetened beverages. The mayor wants to use the extra revenue to fund early childhood education programs.

Seattle

Mayor Ed Murray proposed a 2-cent-per-ounce distributor tax on sugar-sweetened beverages that could raise up to $16 million in additional revenue. He also claims the tax would help eliminate racial disparities in education. In-store-prepared coffee beverages, 100-percent fruit juices, infant formula and diet drinks are exempt from the tax.

**9 From Vending Times - Supreme Court Asks Government If Vending Machines Must Comply With ADA Rules; Blind Patron Appeals Coke Suit Issue Date: Vol. 57, No. 4, April 2017, Posted On: 3/20/2017 by Emily Jed

The U.S. Supreme Court is asking the Trump administration to consider whether a beverage vending machine is a "place of public accommodation" under the Americans With Disabilities Act, in the case of a blind man who sued Coca-Cola because he was unable to buy drinks from machines at a hospital and bus stop.

In an order released on Feb. 27, the court asked U.S. Acting Solicitor General Noel J. Francisco to provide the government's standpoint on whether Title III of the ADA applies only to physical spaces that people can enter. The order came after the plaintiff, Emmett Magee, filed a petition for the Supreme Court to grant certiorari to resolve what his lawyers say is a split among the federal circuits.

In Emmett Magee v. Coca-Cola Refreshments USA Inc., Magee said that he was unable to make a purchase from glassfront Coca-Cola vending machines at a hospital and bus station because he could not see the items inside in order to select them for purchase.

"These computerized machines accept payment from debit and credit cards, have wireless capability, can interact with nearby smartphones, and feature touchscreens and LCD displays," Magee said. "Notwithstanding their technological sophistication, respondent's current machines provide no way for a blind person to determine which products the machine contains or for what price."

Magee argued that the soda giant could bring its machines into ADA compliance by retrofitting them with an audio interface and providing tactile features on the keyboard, or creating a smartphone app for the visually impaired.

Coca-Cola Refreshments USA, a division of Atlanta-based Coca-Cola Co., won the case at the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans. The Fifth Circuit dismissed the case, saying that the ADA only applies to companies that own or lease a place of public accommodation and Coke didn't own the hospital or the bus station where its machines were located.

Magee's appeal poses the question to government: Does the ADA apply to websites, vending machines and other avenues for consumer sales beyond brick-and-mortar establishments?

The First, Second and Seventh Circuits have held the ADA includes nontraditional physical establishments. The Fifth Circuit agreed with the Ninth, Third and Sixth Circuits that the ADA applies only to traditional physical spaces.

"Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 prohibits public accommodations from discriminating on the basis of disability," Magee said. "In this case, the court of appeals held that public accommodations are limited to physical spaces that people can enter. In so doing, the Fifth Circuit acknowledged departure from the precedents of the First, Second and Seventh Circuits and stated that it was following the Third, Sixth and Ninth Circuits."

ADA requirements for the vending industry, designating "reach ranges" only, went into effect on March 15, 2012. Ranges can be no higher than 48" and no lower than 15"; side-reach and other accessibility requirements were also revised. Recommended reading:

Vending Industry Must Comply With New ADA Rules Beginning March 15 <http://www.vendingtimes.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?nm=Vending+Features&type=Publishing&mod=Publications%3A%3AArticle&tier=4&id=695185A7ED9E46929CE06ECA4F5502B0>

Dept. Of Justice Official Clarifies Effect Of New ADA Rules On Vending Firms And Equipment <http://www.vendingtimes.com/me2/dirmod.asp?sid=EB79A487112B48A296B38C81345C8C7F&nm=Vending+Features&type=Publishing&mod=Publications%3A%3AArticle&mid=8F3A7027421841978F18BE895F87F791&tier=4&id=955D03FDBE79408983E728ADFF2A42D4>

**10 From Hadley Institute for the Blind and Visually Impaired

Seminars at Hadley Open House Wednesday, March 22, at 10 AM CDT

We are excited to announce that, beginning March 22, Seminars at Hadley will be brought to you in a new platform. This platform, our new Seminars home, is called Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. Blackboard offers our participants a streamlined process, an accessible interface and high-quality audio.

To introduce you to this new environment, we’ve set up an open house session. Please join us on March 22, at 10 AM CDT. We think that you will love this new Seminars home as much as we do! Register for Open House Seminars at Hadley. http://hadley.edu/SeminarDetails.asp?sid=358

**11 This week on Eyes On Success: Data Visualization Updates from SAS (BlueSkies11)

This week's episode has some candy for your ears!  You might want to listen in stereo if possible with earbuds or earphones.

1712 Data Visualization Updates from SAS (Mar. 15, 2017)

The SAS Graphics Accelerator makes graphical data accessible to the visually impaired by dynamically producing alternative presentations in the form of verbal description, sonification, and tabular data. Ed Summers, a blind engineer and head of the accessibility team at SAS, demos the tools and discusses their use with hosts Nancy and Peter Torpey.

As usual, the audio and show notes can be found at:

www.EyesOnSuccess.net <http://www.eyesonsuccess.net/>  and on iTunes as a podcast.

**12 Broker News from Hoffman Vogler, Lee Chota

If you have had difficulty locating the American Classic pastry in Vistar’s March product book, It is because it is located under Metro Brands Inc. in the frozen section.

**13 From RSA Buying Group

RSA Management Purchase Power Deals

Earn Extra Rebates on the following:

NEW DEALS THIS WEEK

BOLTHOUSE FARMS

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates             Products

$2.20 per case  Bolthouse drinks - ALL FLAVORS

KLEMENT’S MEAT SNACKS

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2017

Rebates             Products

10% per case    Klement’s Meat Snacks – All Products

Deals ending in March

CHEESEWICH

Deal Date:  THROUGH MARCH 31, 2017

Rebates             Products

$1.44 per case  Cheesewich Meat and Cheese Snacks– All Products

Must purchase at least 20 cases during the promotion

FOLGERS

Deal Date:  THROUGH MARCH 31, 2017

Rebates             Products

$2.00 per case  Folger’s Vacket -  All Products

$3.00 per case Folger’s Filter and Frac Packs – All Products except Premium

$4.00 per case  Folger’s Premium Filter and Frac Packs – Café Bustelo Regular and Decaf,                Black Silk Frac or Filter, Folger’s Classic Roast Filter, Folger’s 100%                             Colombian Fitler. ***Purchase 50 Premium Tier Cases and receive a $200                   bonus***

FRITO LAY – ITEMS MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ALL MARKETS

Deal Date:  MARCH 5, 2017- APRIL 2, 2017 – TAKE DELIVERY BY APRIL 15, 2017

Rebates             Products

$1.92 per case  Sunchips – Whole Grain Harvest Cheddar (44427)

$1.92 per case  Sunchips – Whole Grain Garden Salsa (44428)

$1.92 per case  Smartfood Popcorn – Sea Salt (62147)

$1.92 per case  Ruffles – Cheddar and Sour Cream Baked Potato (44400)

$5.00 per case Harvest Nuts – Mixed, Cashews, Toffee Glazed Mix, Fruit and Nuts, Premium Almonds

$2.40 per case  Munchies Crackers – Cheese Peanut Butter and Toast Peanut Butter

FRITO

Deal Date:  THROUGH MARCH 5, 2017 - DELIVERY BY MARCH 18, 2017

Rebates             Products

$1.92 per case Rold Gold and Rold Gold Thins – ALL FLAVORS

GATORADE (Through Participating Bottlers only)

Deal Date:  THROUGH MARCH, 2017 –DELIVERED BY APRIL 7, 2017

Rebates             Products

$1.50 per case   20 oz. Gatorade and G2 – ALL FLAVORS

LIFE WTR

Deal Date:  THROUGH MARCH 31, 2017

Rebates             Products

$3.00 per case  1L Single Serve and 700 ML Sports Cap – ALL FLAVORS

PEPSI INNOVATION PRODUCTS (Through Participating Bottlers only)

Deal Date:  THROUGH MARCH 31, 2017

Rebates             Products

$1.00 per case  Kickstart 12 oz. Hydration Raspberry Citrus

$1.00 per case Kickstart 16 oz. Mango Lime

$1.00 per case Propel 20 oz. Watermelon Flavored Water

$1.00 per case  Lipton 20 oz. Mango Tea

$1.00 per case Lipton Pure Leaf 18.5 oz. Pomegranate or Mint Flavored Tea

PEPSI (Through Participating Bottlers only)

Deal Date:  THROUGH MARCH, 2017 –DELIVERED BY APRIL 7, 2017

Rebates             Products

$2.00 per case   16 oz. Kickstart 12 count – ALL FLAVORS

$2.00 per case  Lipton Tea 24 count– ALL FLAVORS AND BRANDS

$1.50 per case  20 oz. Sierra Mist – ALL FLAVORS

PEPSI – NEW PRODUCTS (Through Participating Bottlers only)

Deal Date:  THROUGH MARCH, 2017 –DELIVERED BY APRIL 7, 2017

Rebates             Products

$2.00 per case  16 oz. Mountain Dew Spiked Raspberry and Lemonade 12 count

$2.00 per case   12 oz. Can 1893 Black Currant and Citrus Cola – 12 count

$2.00 per case  12 oz. Izzi Fusions Orange Mango, Lemon Lime or Strawberry Melon

$2.00 per case  14 oz. Lipton Tea House 12 count– ALL FLAVORS

$2.00 per case   12 oz. Lemon Lemon 12 count – ALL FLAVORS

$2.00 per case   20 oz. Gatorade FLOW 24 count – ALL FLAVORS

$2.00 per case  16.9 oz. Gatorade Organic 12 count – ALL FLAVORS

$2.00 per case  20 oz. Propel Infused 12 count – ALL FLAVORS

SMUCKER’S SUGARS

Deal Date:  THROUGH MARCH 31, 2017

Rebates             Products

$2.00 per case  400 ct. Sweet n Low Tabletop box - 4 pack

$2.00 per case  200 ct. Sugar in the Raw Tabletop box - 2 pack

$3.00 per case  200 ct. Stevia in the Raw Tabletop box – 2 pack

$4.00 per case  1000 ct. Sugar in the Raw Organic White Balk Pack

STARBUCKS – NEW ITEMS

Deal Date:  THROUGH MARCH, 2017 –DELIVERED BY APRIL 7, 2017

Rebates             Products

$2.00 per case   13.7 oz. Frappucino 12 count – ALL FLAVORS

$2.00 per case   11 oz. Doubleshot  with Protein 12 count– Caramel Flavor

$2.00 per case   6.5 oz Doubleshot Espresso  - Espresso and Salted Caramel

$2.00 per case   11 oz. Cold Brew 12 count

WOLFGANG PUCK COFFEE PODS

Deal Date:  THROUGH MARCH 31, 2017

Rebates             Products

$2.00 per case  Wolfgang Puck Coffee Pods – All Products

Deals ending in April

OTIS SPUNKMEYER

Deal Date:  THROUGH APRIL 30, 2017

Rebates             Products

$1.20 per case  4 oz. Wild Blueberry, Banana Nut and Chocolate Chip Muffin 24 ct.

Deals ending in June

OREO

Deal Date:   DELIVERY JUNE 30, 2017

Rebates             Products

$0.2 per unit      Oreo Chocolate Bar

Deals ending in December

NY DELI (RAYBERN’S)

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2017

Rebates             Products

14% per case    5.0-6.5 oz Heat n Serve Premium Wrapped Frozen Sandwiches – All Products

PLANTERS

Deal Date:   DELIVERY BY DECEMBER 31, 2017

Rebates             Products

$2.88 per case  2 oz. Planters Peanuts

$1.44 per case  Planters Trail Mix Nut and Chocolate

POPZ CUP (FORMELY INTERNATIONAL CUP CO.)

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2017

Rebates             Products

$3.29 per case  12 oz. Single Poly Vending Paper Hot Cup – 1500 ct.

$3.20 per case  8.25 oz. Single Poly Vending Paper Hot Cup – 2000 ct.

$1.51 per case  12 oz. Black Lids for Vending Hot Cups – 1000 ct.

$1.17 per case  8.25 oz. Black Lids for Vending Hot Cups – 1000 ct.

$3.22 per case  16 oz. Single poly Manual Paper Hot Cups – 1000 ct.

$2.55 per case  12 oz. Single poly Manual Paper Hot Cups – 1000 ct.

$2.26 per case  10 oz. Single poly Manual Paper Hot Cups – 1000 ct.

$1.81 per case  Black Lids for all Manual Paper Hot Cups – 1000 ct.

TAYLOR CANDY

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2017

Rebates             Products

4% per case      Taylor Candy – All Products

SPLENDA

Deal Date:   THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2017

Rebates             Products

$3.30 per case  Splenda 4/400 ct. Sweetener Packets

$3.00 per case  Splenda 2000 ct. Bulk and 12/50 ct. Sweetener Packets

$2.60 per case  Splenda 12/100 ct. Sweetener Packets

$1.25 per case  Splenda 500 ct. Bulk Sweetener Packets

WELCH’S

Deal Date:   DELIVERY BY DECEMBER 31, 2017

Rebates             Products

$.01 per unit      Welch’s,  Gummi Factory, Sour Jacks, Sun-Maid, Fisher – ALL FLAVORS

Indefinite End Date

FERRERO

Deal Date:  THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2017

Rebates             Products

10% per case    Tic Tacs – All Products

10% per case    Ferrero Rocher– All Products

10% per case    Raffaello – All Products

10% per case    Nutella – All Products

10% per case    Nutella and Go– All Products

JJ’s PIES

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates             Products

$1.80 per case   JJ’s Bakery Boxed Pies – ALL FLAVORS

J&J FOODS

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates             Products

5% per case       Kim & Scott’s IW Flavored Soft Pretzels and IW Pretzel Melts

5% per case       Mary B’s IW Biscuit Breakfast Melts

5% per case       Corazona’s HeartBar Oatmeal Squares

HiBALL ENERGY AND ALTA PALLA

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates             Products

$5.00 per case  HiBall Energy – 24 ct. case – ALL FLAVORS

$2.50 per case  Hi Ball Energy – 12 ct. case – ALL FLAVORS

$2.50 per case  Alta Palla – 24 ct. case – ALL FLAVORS

HINT WATER

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates             Products

$1.00 per case   Hint 100% Natural Goodness Water – ALL FLAVORS

HARVEST HILL

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates             Products

12% per case    Juicy Juice, Veryfine Juice and Fruit2O – All flavors

SILK ALMOND MILK

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates             Products

$3.00 per case  Silk Almond Milk – All Products

STEAZ TEA

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates             Products

$1.50 per case  ALL FLAVORS

STOK COLD-BREW COFFEE

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates             Products

$3.00 per case  13.7 oz Stok Cold Brew Coffee – ALL FLAVORS

TAMPICO DRINKS

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates             Products

$1.00 per case  Tampico Drinks - All Products

TITAN TEA

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates             Products

$1.50 per case  Titan Teas - ALL FLAVORS

VITA COCO – ORDER THROUGH AUTHORIZED DPSG ONLY

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates             Products

$1.00 per case  11.1 oz.  Vita Coco– ALL FLAVORS

$1.50 per case  17 oz. Vita Coco – ALL FLAVORS

WELCH’S FRUIT SNACKS

Deal Date:  THROUGH INDEFINITE

Rebates               Products

$2.88 per case Buddy Bears, Sour Jacks, Nuclear SQWorms, Sun Maid Chocolate covered Raisins and Fisher Chocolate covered Peanuts.

$1.44 per case Welch’s School Items – ALL FLAVORS

$0.96 per case Welch’s Fruit Snacks – ALL FLAVORS except school items

$0.96 per case Gummi Factory – ALL FLAVORS

Thank you,

Kathy Ungaro

ICBV, Business Manager

(630)234-4444

Illinois Committee of Blind Vendors

53 W. Jackson Blvd. Suite 502

Chicago, IL 60604

This message (including attachments) is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it without further distribution and reply to the sender that you have received the message in error.