[il-talk] Hubby starts Hospice at home.

Lin H. iwannacu2 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 27 11:49:30 UTC 2017

Hello my Federation Family.
It is with great sadness that I have to tell you all that the doctors can’t do anything more for Tom.    I may have had said before that he can’t have a biopsy, Keemo or anything invasive to treat him.    They think, but are not completely sure that those Nodules in his lung  may be Cancer.    So, we signed on with Hospice in our home.    He DID NOT watt to go to a Nursing Home.    He wants to be at home with me.
The Hospice nurse is coming today to start the ball rolling.    They said he could have from 6 months to 2 years.
It just broke his spirit.
He’s scared and worried about the thought of dying, and how I’ll manage when he’s gone.
I am trying to tell him tnotto worry and take it one day at a time.    Please pray that at this difficult time for Tom  and myself will go as smoothly as possible.
I know you guys are here for me, if I need anything, and that’s comforting to know.    Right now, I am concentrating on Tom and making him comfortable.
We don’t have to stay with Hospice if we don’t like it.  there’s no binding  contract or anything.
Has anyone experienced Hospice for their loved one?    I don’t understand why they don’t want him to take any of his many many pills anymore except the comforting ones.  Like for pain or allergies etc.    If he stops all his meds, won’t that speed up the process of him going sooner?    I have to confirm that with the nurse today.
I hope I can endure and have the strength to handle  our future.
I am still in shock and numb with this news.
Thank you all for listening.  I appreciate you all, and am glad I found the NFBI.
Sincerely,
Linda