[il-talk] Lyft problem

Sharon Howerton shrnhow at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 13:14:49 UTC 2017

I participated in the same kind of face to face training when cab drivers were trained at Harold Washington College. There was a group of us who did this a number of years ago. We heard the same issues and the instructors told them in no uncertain terms that their fears, religious beliefs or anything else were their problem and they needed to transport a passenger with a guide dog. Some drivers told me afterwards that there were still people who said they were going to do what they wanted and refuse us. I am sure there is still a segment on this for chauffeur training, but I don't think there are any human presenters in the classes.