[il-talk] Federal Legislation-Access Technology

Marilyn Green marilynvgreen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 23:36:43 UTC 2018

Greetings federationists,

Illinois is leading the nation with thirteen co-sponsors in the House
for our Access Technology bill. And, many of you are working to bring
a few more to the table. With this awesome momentum, it is essential
that we have our two senators, Tammy duckworth and Richard Durbin
supporting our legislation

You can contact your member of Congress by calling the Capitol
Switchboard and asking for the office in question. The number is
202-224-3121. If you email your representative or senators, please
copy me at JPare at nfb.org<mailto:JPare at nfb.org>.

It is critical that we move on this quickly, so please strive to make
your calls and send your emails as soon as possible.

Below is the e-mail that I have sent to our Illinois senators:

Hello,

My name is Marilyn Green and I am a constituent of Senator Duckworth.
I live in Chicago, Illinois and I am e-mailing to urge Senator
Duckworth to co-sponsor S 732, the Access Technology Affordability
Act. The bill will increase the availability of access technology,
thereby, increasing educational and employment opportunities for blind
Americans. The bill does this by creating a tax credit for the
purchase of access technology. The bill has wide co-sponsors with
eighty co-sponsors in the House and ten in the Senate. I urge Senator
Duckworth to co-sponsor the bill.

Sincerely,

Send e-mails for Senator Tammy Duckworth to
david_applegate at duckworth.senate.gov and e-mails for Senator Richard
Durbin to james_floyd at durbin.senate.gov

If you need more information about how to contact your congressman or
Senator, please e-mail me off list.

Let's go build the National Federation of the Blind

Marilyn