[il-talk] RightHear Navigation

Kelly Pierce kellytalk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 21:46:43 UTC 2018

In the summer of 2016, this app was demonstrated at Access Chicago at
Navy Pier. At the time, this app was self-voicing and could not be
used with VoiceOver on. A sighted person had to launch the app from my
iPhone so it could be used. It was obvious the developer had not
tested the app with actual blind people in a real life setting such as
a school, church, library, recreational facility or hotel.  As Patti
said, this is one of multiple apps that are being developed for indoor
navigation. None are to the point of delivering an easy and confident
travel experience found in outdoor navigation apps like Apple Maps,
Google Maps, Nearby Explorer and Blind Square.

Kelly