[il-talk] New NFB Member here!

Daniel Hawkins computersassociated at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 16:26:43 UTC 2018

Hello Linda, it is good to hear from you. Yes, I am learning Braille. I am in lesson 8 of the 3rd course in uncontracted UEB Braille. I am taking my lessons by mail with Hadley Insitute. I myself have hearing loss and I really do need to learn Braille. My sister is also DeafBlind, and she have been reading Braille for over 25 years. I just lost my vision almost 5 years ago. The only downside I have is that I rely on screenreaders and audiobooks too much. I can read Braille to do labels etc, but I been having the finger to Brain problem lol.
once I finish my uncontracted Braille, I may stay at that until I can read faster. Then take the contracted lessons.

Also, let everyone know, I have a HIMS BrailleSense U2 with the Perkins keys. I ten to understand the display braille better than Braille paper.
Daniel Hawkins
computersassociated at gmail.com