[il-talk] Resources for Employment with SSDI

Bruce C. Paul brucecpaul at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 23:33:19 UTC 2018

Hi Everyone,
I wondered what resources people have used to find employment inside or outside Illinois? I have included more details about my current situation below.  The summary would be something like:  I want to work at a job that allows me to learn and forces me to use my intellect.

 I have been out of work for so long, I won't cite the number here. My family both questions why I haven't sought employment and declares the impossibility of my gaining employment at this point in my life, mirroring the schizophrenic manner in which they hounded me to find employment after I finished grad school. I don't have many resources:  not many of my friends who understand my graduate research have employment/connections I might use. It's been so long since I finished grad school that my advisor can at most give me a reference for my research/dissertation. A few years ago I probably would have included a teaching position in my job search. These days I feel utterly disappointed in most people's ability to behave humanely and use their intellect.

I do appreciate any help.
Thanks,bcp