[il-talk] Primary Voting today

denise Avant davant1958 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 16:20:08 UTC 2018

Hello all,

It seems that voting accessibly in the city of Chicago needs to be improved
significantly. For the first time in awhile, I voted in my precinct, rather
than 69 W. Washington. I arrived at 9:00 am. I was told that I was the first
person to request electronic voting for the day. The poll workers were
actually very nice, and seemed prepared enough. They had a signature guide
already to go so I could sign my affidavit, and they seem to know the steps
to take to enable the audio. But they did not have the necessary code to put
into the system for purposes of the audio selection. A call to the Board of
Election ended up with someone there suggesting that I use a paper ballot. I
told them that I was not voting that way, and they needed to solve the
problem, whatever it was. The pole workers were in total agreement. So, the
board sent someone out to provide them with the code. It took me longer to
wait for a properly functioning machine than it did for me to vote. I
arrived at 9:00 am, and did not leave until 10:25 am. The workers and
supervisors remembered the training, but it seems that they did not have the
appropriate code to make the machine  function properly.

Denise R. Avant, President

Live the life you want.

For more information about NFBI,

Go to www.nfbofillinois.org.