[il-talk] support the chicago chapter

David Meyer datemeyer at mysero.net
Fri Oct 26 12:42:45 UTC 2018

Hello Everyone,

Have you been looking to read the latest best seller? Is there a
magazine you are curious about but have not quite found the time to
brouse? Is there a novel you read in high school or college that you
would like to read again? Our Chicago Chapter has the perfect
opportunity for you.

We are holding our annual read-a-thon fundraiser on Saturday, November
10 from 1:00 to 4:00 P.M. The place is the Exchequer Pub and
Restaurant, where we generally hold our monthly meetings.

The entrance fee for this event is $10. However, if you are able to
raise more than $10 from the general public, your admission fee will be waved.

Participants may read in any way that is comfortable for them, be it
print, braille or audio.

Not wishing to read? You can still help by supporting Chicago Chapter
members who will read.

Currently the Chicago Chapter supports the NFB on both a state and
national level through contributions. Additionally, we support our
Washington Seminar by providing funds for several chapter members to
attend. Nationally, we were able to pass two pieces of legislation this
year. This might not have been possible if Chicagoans would not have
been able to participate in Washington. Because of our active
participation, Illinois has lead the way it securing support for all
national legislative initiatives. We need funds in order to keep our
programs going and this is the perfect opportunity for you to support
that endeavor.

As the state convention is happening this weekend, it is the perfect
opportunity for readers to gather sponsors. So come one and all, and
support the Chicago Chapter in November. Your efforts and/or
contributions will improve the quality of life for blind folks across
the country.