[il-talk] Thank you all for a Successful 50th anniversary convention

davant1958 at gmail.com davant1958 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 13:15:52 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

It was a great and wonderful convention celebration this weekend for the
National Federation of the Blind of Illinois. I appreciate everyone who
helped to make this convention celebration possible. This affiliate has done
and continues to do great things to help blind people live the lives we
want.

Special thanks goes to the 50th anniversary committee, chaired by Marylou
Grunwald and Steve Hastalis. Thanks also goes to Patti Chang for handling
our BEOS and convention registration, Patricia Olson for helping with onsite
registration, Francisco Chang for getting all of our stuff and bringing it
to the hotel, and just being a jack of all trades, Marco Giannotti for
handling sound, Debbie Stein for handling the parents end of things, Marilyn
Green for handling the door prizes and the information table, Pam Gillmore,
Pam Provost, and Teresa Meyer for helping with door prizes, and to all of
the rest who lent a hand whenever and wherever possible. Conventions take a
lot of planning and preparation, and that was definitely the case for this
one.

Denise R. Avant, President

(773)-991-8050

Live the life you want.