[il-talk] Federal Legislation update-Transformation to Competitive Employment Act

Starry Sky Starry_sky at live.com
Thu Apr 11 16:03:57 UTC 2019

I agree that it is unacceptable to pay less to people with disabilities.  However, in looking at the bigger picture, I cannot help but wonder that if employers have to choose, how often will that employer offer the position to the person with the disability over the one "without"?  You could be as qualified or more but the (inaccurate) perception still exists that it would cost more and get less productivity.  It is difficult to legally prove (and win in court) that is why you did not get the offer.  Did it become harder to get or keep that job now?  Hopefully the legislation accounts for this aspect and will ensure that that the number of people with disabilities employed will increase not decrease.