[il-talk] Need your help - Spread the word about Chicago BELL

Patti Chang pattischang at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 21:42:05 UTC 2019

Please spread the word. Right now we do not have enough students to conduct this program this Summer. BTW, we also need more students for our Springfield BELL.

Logo National Federation of the Blind BELL ACADEMY Braille Enrichment for Literacy & Learning

NFB BELL Academy - Placing Hands on the Future
The NFB BELL Academy helps blind and low-vision children, ages four through twelve, develop the literacy skills that will empower them to achieve their academic goals and live the lives they want. This year, with the assistance of our Wells Fargo partners, we provide opportunities for students to imagine, create, and touch their future and dreams; by not only raising expectations through Braille instruction, but by nurturing their development of tactile arts and graphics. Through the generous support of the American Action Fund for Blind Children and Adults, each student participant in the 2019 NFB BELL Academies will be provided with an inTACT Sketchpad.
In Chicago, we will take four field trips utilizing mass transit.

To learn more about NFB BELL Academy and to apply please visit https://nfb.org/bell-academy

Where:	The Chicago Lighthouse
 		1850 W. Roosevelt Rd.
Chicago, Il 60608

When: Monday- Friday, July 29-August 9, 2019

Time: 8:30-3:30

Cost: $50

Questions: 	Amy Lund
braillelund at gmail.com <mailto:braillelund at gmail.com>