[il-talk] Michael's first cello recital

dan.tevelde at comcast.net dan.tevelde at comcast.net
Mon Apr 29 22:38:27 UTC 2019

Hi Leslie,

Great start!  Intonation is always a challenge for the beginning string
player.  He has a great sense of rhythm.  I'm glad of one thing, keyboard
musicians don't have to worry about intonation.  I did informally study
trumpet at the school for the blind in Washington State.  I pulled out my
trumpet a couple of years ago and tried playing it.  My playing really
sucked! I think I should stick to the organ and piano.  If the intonation is
bad on a keyboard instrument then blame the instrument.

Are you teaching Michael to read print music?  What techniques do you use to
teach him about clefs, lines and spaces, note values, and key signatures.  I
would like to get more Braille music but don't have anywhere to put it.  I
can't wait until we have a multi-line Braille display so I can read the
music electronically.  Do you still hear from Dancing Dots?  I wonder what
they are doing now.

Take Care,
Dan

Dan