[IL-Talk] chicago chapter meeting announcement

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 6 13:01:57 UTC 2019

The National federation of the Blind of Illinois Chicago Chapter will hold
its August meeting at the Exchequer Pub, 226 South Wabash, Chicago. The
meeting will begin at 1:00 P.M. Though this meeting will be a bit longer
than usual, it will definitely be worth the extra time. Our program item
will be a speech by Sheila Leagland which was delivered at the 2013 NFB
National Convention. I consider this speech to be the most moving of any
convention presentation I have heard.

We will hold our annual read-a-thon in October of this year. If you plan to
take part in this event, it is time to begin to fined people to sponsor you.
The participation fee for this event is $10. However, if one is able to
raise more than $10 from other sources, his-her s participation fee will be
waved. All forms of reading are accepted, including braille, print and audio
reading.

If you have any questions, please call Chapter President David Meyer at
708-606-7091 or e-mail him at datemeyer at sbcglobal.net.

Hope to see you on Saturday.

David Meyer, NFB of Illinois

Coordinator and Channel Administrator, NFB-NewsLine

Chicago Chapter President