[il-talk] Federal Legislation-Transformation to Competitive Employment

Marilyn Green marilynvgreen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 15:30:45 UTC 2019

Greetings federationists,

I am pleased to see e-mails to Congressmen and Senators urging the
co-sponsorship of our Transformation to Competitive Employment Act,
HR-873 and S-260. If you have not already contacted your member of
Congress or our Senators by telephone or e-mail, please do so. It is
critical that we move quickly.

You may want to say something like,

“Hello, my name is [your name] and I am a constituent of [your
senator/representative]. I live in [city, state]. I am calling to urge
[your senator/representative] to cosponsor [S. 260 for Senate
calls/H.R. 873 for House calls], the Transformation to Competitive
Employment Act. This bill would phase out subminimum wages for people
with disabilities over a six-year period, at which point Section 14(c)
of the Fair Labor Standards Act, the provision that allows this
practice, would be sunset. I urge [your senator/representative] to
cosponsor the bill. Thanks.”

You can contact your member of Congress by calling the Capitol
Switchboard and asking for the office in question. The number is
202-224-3121. If you email your representative or senators, please
copy me at marilynvgreen at gmail.com

Feel free to reach out to me off list if you need more information.

Thanks for all that you do to build our organization.

Marilyn