[il-talk] National Convention Registration Now Open

davant1958 at gmail.com davant1958 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 22:12:10 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

Please see below regarding our upcoming national convention.

Convention Hotel Room Block Open:
The room block at the Mandalay Bay is open. To make reservations for the
2019 Convention, you can call the hotel at 877-632-7800. The hotel will take
a deposit of the first night's room rate for each room and will require a
credit card or a personal check. If you use a credit card, the deposit will
be charged against your card immediately. If a reservation is cancelled
before Friday, June 1, 2019, half of the deposit will be returned.
Otherwise, refunds will not be made. The room rate is $99 for singles,
doubles, triples, and quads. Hotel and sales taxes are 13.38 percent and
8.25 percent, respectively. The resort fee (normally $37 a night) will be
waived for NFB Convention attendees. However, fees for internet access,
local and toll-free calls, and fitness center access may apply.

Please note that the hotel registration is different from the convention
registration. You can pre-register online (NFB.org) for the convention which
takes place from July 7-12 starting on March 1, and ending on May 31.
Pre-registering saves you time and money.

Also note that anyone needing financial assistance may apply for it through
the Chappell Dennis fund. Applications can be found at nfbofillinois.org.
The application is due to me by May 1, 2019. My e-mail address is
davant1958 at gmail.com <mailto:davant1958 at gmail.com> . Please do not submit an
inaccessible or incomplete application.

You can also apply for convention assistance through the Kenneth Jernigan
scholarship fund. Your letter for this fund is due by March 31, 2019. You
will find information and requirements about the Jernigan scholarship fund
in upcoming issues of the Braille Monitor, which is our flagship
publication. Priority is given to first time convention attendees, but
anyone is welcome to apply.

Thank you.

Denise R. Avant, President

(773)-991-8050