[il-talk] Saturday, January 12, Chicago Chapter Meeting, Last Chance to Sign Up For Games Night

Steve Hastalis steve.hastalis at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 13:35:15 UTC 2019

Hello Fellow Federationists, and Happy Newyear!

The Chicago Chapter begins the new year with lots of activity.  Saturday,
January 12, we will hold our usual monthly meeting, beginning at 1 PM.  We
will meet at Exchequer Restaurant and Pub, 226 South Wabash, in downtown
Chicago.

Karen Tamley, Commissioner, Mayor's Office for People with Disabilities,
will address the Chicago Chapter in January, including initiatives of the
City of Chicago, related to transportation.

Following the meeting, we will hold our annual Games Night.

If you are like me, you will be looking for something to spice up your
January.  It is always difficult to face that annual "Seasonal affective
Disorder" (sad) January.  Right?

Well, thanks to the Chicago Chapter, Seasonal Affective Disorder will be
considerably diminished within our ranks.  And so one might ask, how can
these seasonal woes be avoided?  The answer is Games Night!

Who is eligible to come?  Anyone anybody wishes to bring.

What does one do at Games Night?  Play games of your choice, eat, drink and
be merry.  So come one, come all.  Bring your appetite!  Bring your favorite
games!  Board games, card games, head games, and if nothing else works, you
can ditch the party and watch football on the big screen.  Oh yes, social
intercourse is also welcome.

When and Where is this festive occasion?  Just like our chapter meeting,
Games Night will be held at the venerable Exchequer Restaurant and Pub, 226
South Wabash, Chicago.  The date is January 12, same day as our next chapter
meeting,) and the time will be from 4:00-8:00 P.M.

Finally, Why should you attend?  There are all kinds of reasons for this
one.  You will be breaking up those January blahs.  You will be helping the
Chicago Chapter of NFBI.  And, you will have the chance to sample some of
the best pizza, salad and soda Chicago has to offer.  The cost for this
event is $25.00.  For this fee, you will get unlimited soda, salad, and
pizza that Roger Ebert cannot resist.

So, if you wish to attend this extravaganza, please make your reservation
with David Meyer by January 8, 2019.  We absolutely will cut off
reservations after that date.  He can be reached by phone at 708-606-7091 or
by email at datemeyer at sbcglobal.net.

So, come on and join us for some great games, savy socializing and more.  We
look forward to seeing you there.

Cordially,

Steve Hastalis

Chicago Chapter President