[il-talk] CTA ADA Advisory Meeting

Melissa Fuller mcf1125 at msn.com
Thu Jan 10 15:40:57 UTC 2019

Greetings,

Hoping you all are experiencing a prosperous New Year thus far.

The CTA ADA Advisory Committee will have its first meeting of the year on Monday, January 14.  Intake is 1pm-1:30pm and the meeting is 1:30pm-4pm. Located in the CTA Headquarters board room at 567 W Lake on the southwest corner in Chicago.

One of the main topics on the agenda is a presentation from Amy Serpe, CTA Manager of ADA Compliance.  Amy will be discussing, as well as, demonstrating how Bus Operators and Customer Service Associates (agents at train stations) are trained to assist people with all disabilities.  If you have any questions/concerns regarding training or any other accessibility matter, please come to the meeting.  This is where your voice will be heard.

To ensure time to speak during public comments, you must complete a form.  Go to CTA's website at www.transitchicago.com<http://www.transitchicago.com>.  Type "ada meting" in the search field, click on ADA Advisory Committee, scroll down to "Meeting Times"  and click on "Public Comment Policy", there you will find the form to complete and submit to Amy Serpe.  You can fill the form out during intake, however you risk not being heard.  Based on the number of agenda items and scheduled speakers, it is up to the Chair, Angela Davis, to determine if we have time to hear from unscheduled speakers.

I look forward to seeing you at the meeting and if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me.

Best Wishes,

Melissa Fuller
Vice Chair
CTA ADA Advisory Committee