[il-talk] Computer issues.

Andrew Webb awebb2168 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 16:30:57 UTC 2019

Hi Linda,

I'm not sure about the compatibility issues (others on list may know). But as to verifying that you did not inadvertently disable JAWS, if you have not already tried this you can try activating it via the run Windows command, as follows:

- Hold down the windows key plus R, then release;
- Type jaws16 (all lower case, no space between the s and the 1), then hit enter;
- If this works, you should then hear JAWS16 announce itself.

Additionally or alternatively, make sure you didn't accidentally mute your computer.

This often works for me in such situations. Otherwise, not sure what to suggest.

Andrew