[il-talk] sad news

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 17 20:36:04 UTC 2019

I'm sorry to share this news. I heard yesterday that Mary Monti passed away
this past Saturday. From what I understand, she was in hospice when Joe
passed away last week.

Both the wake and the funeral will be for Mary and Joe simultaneously. The
wake-visitation will be this Wednesday, 3:00-9:00 P.M. at adolf Funeral
Home, 2921 South Harlem in Berwyn. The funeral wservice will take place on
Thursday, June 20 at 10:00 A.M. at St. Christophers Episcopal Church, 545
South east Avenue in Oak Park.

Like Joe, Mary was very involved with fundraising activities for both the
Chicago Chapter and the state affiliate. They helped to organize many
October Fests, Chicago Chapter games nights and Wonton of Fun fundraisers.

Both Joe and Mary were lifetime members of our organization.

David Meyer, NFB of Illinois

Coordinator and Channel Administrator, NFB-NewsLine

Chicago Chapter President