[il-talk] Monitor Articles Bring Memories

Steve Hastalis steve.hastalis at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 20:02:20 UTC 2019

Ramona's recollections bring back memories to me also.  I attended the
organizing meeting, Saturday, August 10 in Chicago.  This was the first time
in my life that I net so many competent, confident, vibrant and vigorous
blind people in one place.

We all introduced ourselves during the meeting.  I walked up front and
addressed the group, "I'm Steve Hastalis, and I'm proud to be a member of
this new organization."

I obviously had more questions than answers at that time, but I remained a
member and gradually became more active.

Mary Lou's comments also brought back memories of our effort to organize a
union local at the Chicago Lighthouse shop.