[il-talk] I need some advice because of unfair treatment by a paratransit service

Lewis Wood lewislwood at gmail.com
Tue May 7 22:35:20 UTC 2019

Liability.   They are concerned about liability if you fall.   If they remove the status and you get hurt, they are in serious Jeopardy.  So now you need someone official to sign off on your ability to walk.   Vocational official and/or Doctor, then they assume liability.

Other approach is post on local Facebook walls a video of you walking the front walk and describing how paratransit has you labeled incorrectly and no way to change it.  This is more confrontational, though.

Lewis Wood