[il-talk] Windows Mail

Michal Nowicki mnowicki4 at iCloud.com
Thu May 30 21:56:06 UTC 2019

Bob,

I use Windows 10 Mail with my personal account. In fact, I am responding to your post using JAWS and Windows Mail. Though occasionally a bit unstable, Windows Mail generally works well with JAWS, and even better with NVDA. It is definitely a decent option for basic e-mail. Let me know if you wish to discuss further.

Michal

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Robert Gardner via IL-Talk
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2019 3:37 PM
To: il-talk
Cc: Robert Gardner
Subject: [il-talk] Windows Mail

I'm curious. As I slowly, very slowly, go through the process of setting up my new Windows 10 laptop, I'm still wondering what email system to use on it. For probably 20 years, I used Outlook Express or the re-named versions of it later as the years went  by. But Microsoft won't even let you download a version of Outlook Express on new W10 computers.

I'm sure the obvious answer is to use the full version of Outlook, and I know quite a few blind people use it successfully with JAWS. But my curiosity is piqued by Windows Mail, a new app in W10. It's free,  but I don't think I've ever heard of anyone using it.

Do any of you use Windows Mail, or have tried it? What's your verdict?

Thanks for any input you have on this,
Bob Gardner