[IL-Talk] Reminder: CLH Job Club week 5- Resumes, cover letters, and job applications

Maureen Reid Maureen.Reid at CHICAGOLIGHTHOUSE.ORG
Fri Oct 18 18:41:59 UTC 2019

Dear Clients and partners,

We are pleased to share our Chicago Lighthouse fall job club series. Individuals who would benefit from these sessions are encouraged to join us for these weekly sessions as part of job readiness. Please see the announcement below. Those who attend are not required to have an open case with DRS, or a referral with employment services and are targeted to address the needs of individuals with vision loss, other disabilities, and/or Veterans.

Week 5, October 21, 2019 will focus on Composing a resume and cover letter that will get the attention of a hiring manager and address gaps in employment, feature your valuable skills, and composing cover letters that are targeted for the position you want.
Come learn strategies for submitting your best application with a strategic resume and cover letter with our very own Sarah Bennett, Assistant Director of Employment Services, Certified Professional Resume Writer through the Professional Association of Résumé Writers & Career Coaches.

The sessions will be held at the Chicago Lighthouse, 1850 W. Roosevelt Rd. Chicago, IL 60608. Sessions are from 1:30-3:30pm.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Warmly,

Maureen Reid
Job Placement Counselor | Scholarship Coordinator  | Employment Services
Phone: 312.997.3655
Fax: 312.445.3640
www.chicagolighthouse.org<http://www.chicagolighthouse.org/>
[Description: FB icon]<https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoLighthouse/timeline/?ref=ts>  [Description: Twitter icon] <https://twitter.com/ChiLighthouse>   [Description: youtube icon] <https://www.youtube.com/user/chicagolighthouse>     [Description: Instagram icon] <https://instagram.com/chicagolighthouse/>     [Description: Linkedin icon] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-chicago-lighthouse-for-people-who-are-blind-or-visually-impaired?trk=company_logo>