[IL-Talk] Federal Legislation alert-HR 3929, GAIN Act

Marilyn Green marilynvgreen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 12:16:10 UTC 2019

Greetings fellow federationists,

Illinois' own Jan Schakowsky is an originating co-sponsor for HR 3929, GAIN Act but she is our only Illinois ally to make home use medical and exercise equipment and home appliances non-visually accessible. We must flood our federal legislators with phone calls and e-mails telling them how we and future generations of blind people will be impacted when GAIN is passed.

Please call or email your representative and urge them to cosponsor the Greater Access and Independence through Nonvisual Access Technology (GAIN) Act.

When you call or email, you might say something like the following:

"Hello, my name is [your name] and I am a constituent of [your representative]. I live in [city, state]. I am calling to urge [your representative] to
cosponsor H.R. 3929, the Greater Access and Independence through Nonvisual Access Technology (GAIN) Act. This legislation permits the Access Board to establish
nonvisual accessibility guidelines for manufacturers, conduct training on these guidelines, and give authority to appropriate agencies to enforce these
guidelines pertaining to home use medical devices, exercise equipment, and home appliances.

Thanks."

You can contact your member of Congress by calling the Capitol Switchboard and asking for the office in question. The number is 202-224-3121. If you email
your representative, please copy Marilyn Green at marilynvgreen at gmail.com.
Your calls and emails do make a difference.

Please reach out to me off list if you have questions about your representative or how to reach them.

Thanks for all that you do.

Marilyn Green