[IL-Talk] Urgent - convention registration

Starry Sky Starry_sky at live.com
Mon Sep 30 14:57:21 UTC 2019

We had considered attending but had concerns that there was a mandatory release to have photos, audio, and video taken including for children.  Am not a fan of the opt-out approach but here, opting out is not even an option.  There is too much misuse and discrimination out there that it should be a choice.

There have been other groups and events that are more cognizant of attendees' privacy by distributing a different name holder strap or other indicator to the photographer or editor to be excluded so attendees can be more comfortable with attending and the organization can still get usable photos/video of people who actually agree to being captured.

There could be others who feel this way but decided to bypass the convention instead of asking directly.  We emailed Denise, IL chapter president, but no valid reply yet.  Could prioritizing the privacy of attendees above marketing materials increase the number of attendees?

Skye