[IL-Talk] chicago chapter meeting announcement

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 6 13:13:40 UTC 2020

The National Federation of the Blind of Illinois Chicago Chapter will meet
on Saturday, February 8 at Exchequer Pub and Restaurant, 226 South Wabash in
Chicago.

The afternoon begins at 12:00 noon with a meeting of the Local Legislation
Committee. The actual meeting begins at 1:00 P.M.

The program this meeting should be an interesting one, as we will hear from
Nico Probst from the Lime Corporation who will talk about the first Pilot
Scooter Project in Chicago. For those of you who may not know, Chicago will
have a second Pilot project in a different area of the city this summer.
This program will be an opportunity for you to ask questions about the
Scooter project as well as expressing concerns you might have.

Secondly, our t-shirts are here. We have short sleeve and long sleeve
shirts. Your cost for these shirts will be $15 for a short sleeve and $20
for a long sleeve. If you wish to purchase one or more shirts, please see
Marilyn Green. Funding from these shirts will go to the National Federation
of the Blind of Illinois.

Finally, Games Night will be coming up. It will happen immediately after the
March meeting. Cost for the event is $25. Your contribution will give you
the opportunity to play games and/or socialize with other federationists, as
well as sallad, soda and some of the best pizza Chicago has to offer.
Finally, you will help generate funds for the Chicago Chapter. If you wish
to pay for Games night or if you wish to make a reservation, please see
Steve Hastalis, chapter treasurer.

So come one and all, learn about the Scooter Pilot, find out about
Federation activities locally, statewide and nationally, and take advantage
of the opportunity to socialize with other chapter members.

If you have questions, please call chapter president David Meyer at
708-606-7091 or e-mail him at datemeyer at sbcglobal.net.

David Meyer, NFB of Illinois

Coordinator and Channel Administrator, NFB-NewsLine

Chicago Chapter President