[IL-Talk] Learned something new yesterday

Leslie Hamric lhamric930 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 27 21:28:19 UTC 2020

Hi federationists. Wanted to let you guys know of something new that I learned yesterday. How to make a smoothie using the blender. If you Google smoothie recipes you can find a bunch of them online. Yesterday, Andy talked me through how to make a milkshake from a powder called Huel. Once I put everything in, then I found out how the blender gets lower in pitch as you blend everything up. If I wanted to check on how things were going, I simply turn the blender off, took off the lid, and felt the mixture with a couple fingers. I could tell how thick it was getting or if I needed to add any water to make it thinner. So today, I decided to try it on my own making a smoothie with milk, vanilla yogurt, and grapes. I put in a half a cup of milk, a half a cup of grapes. And for yogurt cubes. I had taken vanilla yogurt and put it into an ice cube tray using a 1/8 cup last night. Once I put all the ingredients in, I turn on the blender to the ice crush setting. After about 30 seconds, I turned it off and took off the lid so I could check. The consistency was perfect and I enjoyed the best smoothie I ever had! So smoothies are going to become a  favorite in the Hamric household, especially as little snacks for Michael when he gets home from school.
Leslie

Leslie Hamric
Cello and Braille Music Teacher
Board member of National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts Division