[IL-Talk] {Spam?} RE: September 9 NFBI Legislative Committee meeting credentials and last meeting notes

Chang, Patti pattischang at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 17:14:46 UTC 2020

The below credentials should show the right date.

NFB OF ILLINOIS, DENISE AVANT, PRESIDENT is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: NFB Chicago Chapter Legislative Committee mtg

Time: Sep 9, 2020 07:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/4276313127?pwd=YkVXelNLWVQrK0FpWTk4SUJnZWFDZz09

Meeting ID: 427 631 3127

Passcode: 6324

One tap mobile

+13126266799,,4276313127#,,,,,,0#,,6324# US (Chicago)

+16468769923,,4276313127#,,,,,,0#,,6324# US (New York)

Dial by your location

        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

        +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)

        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

Meeting ID: 427 631 3127

Passcode: 6324

Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aercpg7ndL

Join by Skype for Business

https://zoom.us/skype/4276313127

August 4, 2020 Legislative Committee Meeting Minutes/Notes

Attendees: Kira, Jamal, Michal, Ken, Debbie, Patti, Steve

Next Meeting: Wednesday September 9 at 7pm

Zoom Meeting, Patti will create and Kira will forward invite information

Plaque Update:

Ohio State School for the Blind – Patti has found out that it is open and is ready

1)   Contact and ask for plaque to be made – Patti

2)   Check will need to be used for payment – Steve & Dave

3)   Plaque will need to be sent to be read by a solid braille reader, ideas floated were to Debbie Pittman, Debbie Stein, or Steve Hastalis

Plaque Honorees:

State Convention – Kira has received Denise's Approval for. this to be the time and place for presentations – Michal will work on getting details of zoom meeting and hours for the banquet/convention

Invitation – Paper, email or both? It was decided we will send by email alone due to time frame and current virtual environment.

Kira will send Patti the invite wording for both invites. Patti will place wording in template and edit to change date and event location to reflect the new setting and date/time. She will also ensure we are flexible in allowing for their schedules in case the time of the banquet does not work out, they could perhaps be honored at another moment of the convention. It was decided that since it is now taking place at state convention and due to Denise’s familiarity with both honorees and her role as State President we will place her in the wording as the individual who should receive the RSVP.

     Patti will let Steve know the day she sends out the invites.

Steve will place calls to follow up with both Lightfoot and Tamley. The first set will be done on the day the invite goes out, the second two weeks later, and the third two weeks after that (or, if it’s less than two weeks again, the third call will be placed just before our next meeting on September 9), as needed. We will re-evaluate contacts and strategy at our meeting on September 9 as needed.

It was decided that for the calls he will reach out directly to Karen Tamley as he knows her and will reach out to the MOPD Commissioner’s Assistant, Christina McGleam. Kira will send him her contact information.