[IL-Talk] FW: Opportunity to practice on Voting Works electronic ballot delivery system

davant1958 at gmail.com davant1958 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 12:53:52 UTC 2020

FYI.

Please see the below email.

Denise R. Avant, Esq.

President,

773-991-8050

Live the life you want.

For more information about NFBI,

Go to www.nfbofillinois.org

From: Blake, Lou Ann <LBlake at nfb.org>
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2020 4:19 PM
To: State President, Kentucky <cathyj1949 at gmail.com>; State President, Virginia <tracy.soforenko at gmail.com>; State President, New Jersey <nfbnj1 at verizon.net>; State President, Massachusetts <aruell at comcast.net>; State President, Illinois <davant1958 at gmail.com>; Frye, Daniel <Daniel.Frye at doe.nh.gov>
Cc: President, National Federation of the Blind <OfficeOfThePresident at nfb.org>; Lewis, Anil <ALewis at nfb.org>
Subject: Opportunity to practice on Voting Works electronic ballot delivery system

Dear Colleagues,

As you are probably aware, your state will be implementing the Voting Works/My Ballot electronic ballot delivery system for the November general election so that blind, low-vision, and other voters with print disabilities can mark their absentee ballot privately and independently. The implementation of accessible absentee voting in your state is a direct result of the advocacy efforts of the National Federation of the Blind.

To help our members become familiar with this system, Voting Works has created a demo ballot that members can access and mark the ballot as many times as they wish. The link to the demo ballot and login information are as follows:

https://demo.access.vote/

First Name: Demo

Last Name: Voter

DoB: 01/01/1980

Access PIN: 040665

Please distribute this information to affiliate members through your affiliate lists.

I am also working with Voting Works to schedule a Zoom meeting so that members can ask a Voting Works representative questions they may have about the system. Currently, I am looking at Tuesday, September 29, or Wednesday, September 30 at 8:00 pm Eastern. If either of these dates conflict with scheduled affiliate meetings, please let me know. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Lou Ann

Lou Ann Blake, J.D.

Director of Research Programs, Blindness Initiatives

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

(410) 659-9314, extension 2221 |  <mailto:lblake at nfb.org> lblake at nfb.org

 <https://nfb.org/>

                          <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>      <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>      <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>