[IL-Talk] Elevator Closures Due to Maintenance - Several Stations

president at nfbofillinois.org president at nfbofillinois.org
Sat Mar 6 03:37:30 UTC 2021

Marilyn Green, President

312-343-8396

 <http://www.nfbofillinois.org> www.nfbofillinois.org

From: Access <access at transitchicago.com>
Sent: Friday, March 5, 2021 9:28 PM
Subject: Elevator Closures Due to Maintenance - Several Stations

Here are some elevator shut downs that I am updating you on:

California green lake (street to mezzanine): Replacing the hall doors. We
hope to be completed by Wednesday 3.10.21.

Randolph Washington Red  (Mezz to Platform): Replacing the elevator call
stations which are corroded due to water damage. Parts are on order.
Estimated to go back into service on 3.20.21.

55th Red (Mezz to Platform): Replaced the Elevator controller. We are now
working on the fire service and are trying to get a final inspection for
next week.

51st Green (Platform to Bridge on southbound side):  Replacing the rusted
sill supports starting on 3.16.21 and will be out of service until 3.26.21.

The CTA apologizes for any inconvenience.

Thank you.

CTA ADA Compliance Programs

Please do not respond to this e-mail.

Customers may also sign up for elevator, bus and other alerts by visiting
CTA's website, transitchicago.com. The Elevator Status Line (1-888-YOUR CTA,
1-888-968-7282, then, Option 6) provides updates regarding elevator outages
in real time.