[IL-Talk] Weight Loss program for Adults who are Legally Blind

president at nfbofillinois.org president at nfbofillinois.org
Wed Aug 24 10:16:59 UTC 2022

The below study has been approved by our national office and I have been asked to circulate on our e-mail lists:

At Towson University we are offering a free, 8-week weight loss program for adults who are legally blind. The program is part of a study, and everybody gets the weight loss program. As soon as somebody completes the screening process they are enrolled, and their program would start. All participants get a free scale. The scale does not talk, but your weight will be sent to you via text on your phone. The weight loss program focuses on helping you reduce a few high calorie, low nutrition foods from your diet to help with weight loss. There is potential for a $25 gift card for participation. To learn more, contact the Physical Activity and Public Health Lab at  <mailto:paphl at towson.edu> paphl at towson.edu.

Marilyn Green, President

312-343-8396

president at nfbofillinois.org <mailto:president at nfbofillinois.org>

www.nfbofillinois.org <http://www.nfbofillinois.org/>

Live the life you want!

The National Federation of the Blind of Illinois is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.s