[IL-Talk] Washington Seminar 2022

denise avant davant1958 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 14:08:53 UTC 2022

Hello All,

Thank you to all of you who participated in Washington Seminar 2022. We were
able to meet with most of our representatives either through a staff person
or the representative himself/herself. We ill continue trying to meet with
those we could not meet with [Reps. Garcia, Kinzinger and Miller).All of
them were engaged and promised to review all of our legislation.

H.R. 431 Access Technology Affordability Act now has 130 cosponsors, 14 from
Illinois. Reps Bustos, Foster, Miller and Kinzinger have yet to sign on.

H.R. 2373 the Transformation to Competitive Integrated Employment Act now
has 34 cosponsors, 2 from Illinois. They are Reps Quigley and Schakowsky.

H.R. 4853 the Medical Device Nonvisual Accessibility Act now has 18
cosponsors, one from Illinois in addition to its originating cosponsor Rep.
Schakowsky. The other representative is Rep. Casten.

Twenty-first Century Websites and Applications Accessibility Act has not yet
been introduced.

We have lots of work to do for this remaining session of Congress. Please
thank your representative for meeting with members of the National
Federation of the Blind and urge support for our legislation.

Denise Avant, ESQ

1st Vice President

For more information about NFBI,

Go to www.nfbofillinois.org