[IL-Talk] Fwd: [NABS-L] A NABS Valentine for You: Registration Deadline for 2022 Midwest Student Seminar Extended to February 28!

ellen bartelt embartelt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 21:47:04 UTC 2022

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elizabeth Rouse via NABS-L <nabs-l at nfbnet.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 16:12:55 -0500
Subject: [NABS-L] A NABS Valentine for You: Registration Deadline for
2022 Midwest Student Seminar Extended to February 28!
Cc: elizabethrouse.nfb at gmail.com

Roses are red.

Violets are blue.

If you haven't registered yet,

Have we got good news for you!

Midwest 2022 is just four weeks away,

And if you're planning to come,

We're shouting hurray!

If you aren't quite certain,

Our hearts are hurting,

So stop the delay,

And register today!

.Or anytime between today and 11:59 PM CST on Monday, February 28th, 2022,
our new registration deadline.

See below for additional details.

The Midwest Planning Committee is certain that you will experience some
serious FOMO if you don't take advantage of the opportunity to register for
the 2022 Midwest Student Seminar, taking place in the great state of
Illinois at the Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare Area, from March 18-20, 2022.

As many of you know, this will be one of our first National Association of
Blind Students in-person events since the beginning of the COVID-19
pandemic, and we are ecstatic to gather with some of our NABS family once
again. The ever-changing state of our world over the last two years has been
an immensely difficult time for many, and we hope that this year's seminar,
fittingly entitled "Back in Action," provides attendees with the opportunity
to learn and grow alongside many students from across the region who find
themselves in similar situations.

The registration link for our event is below, and we invite you to get
registered anytime between now and the closing of our extended registration
window on Monday, February 28, 2022 at 11:59 PM CST; however, we would like
to point out just a few things before you let excitement get the best of
you.

.The city of Chicago has recently placed restrictions on restaurants and
other public establishments, based on vaccination status. While there will
most likely be more information released in the coming weeks regarding this
policy, its practices, and its exemptions, we know we will be conducting a
majority of our programming in such spaces. Please acknowledge before
filling out this form that the lack of COVID-19 vaccination for
non-disability or religious reasons may significantly limit your ability to
participate fully in our programming or prevent participation altogether.

.Each attendee is responsible for a $100 registration fee, payable to NABS,
which will cover meals throughout the weekend as well as administrative
expenses necessary to support this event. We encourage you to proactively
reach out to your vocational rehabilitation agency and/or National
Federation of the Blind state affiliate to help offset this expense. This
fee is due by the time registration closes on Monday, February 28, 2022 at
11:59 PM CST. Until we receive both your registration form response and this
fee, your spot is not guaranteed.

.Please note that all attendees will need to submit proof of a negative
COVID test within 60 hours of our event's start, regardless of vaccination
status. This proof will need to be submitted to a designated party no later
than noon on Friday, March 18, 2022. Additionally, masks will be required
during any/all 2022 Midwest Student Seminar activities.

.Finally, we will not be assigning roommates for this event. We are more
than happy to support you in finding a roommate if you require assistance,
which you can indicate on the registration form linked below; however, if
you do not either take the initiative to procure a roommate or reach out for
assistance, you will be responsible for the hotel expense of $109 +
applicable taxes and fees for each night of the event.

Please take the time to get registered for the 2022 Midwest Student Seminar,
using the link below, and let the excitement begin!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfUi2Noe4-pgRm2s56uClV_pA2ZfTbF8bnB
99UfO2Vrf17LWg/viewform?usp=sf_link

If you have any questions about the registration process, please contact
NABS Treasurer, Elizabeth Rouse, at elizabethrouse.nfb at gmail.com
<mailto:elizabethrouse.nfb at gmail.com> .

Your Valentines,

The 2022 Midwest Planning Committee