[IL-Talk] Employers at 2022 Washington Seminar Job Fair

dan.tevelde at comcast.net dan.tevelde at comcast.net
Mon Jan 31 17:14:39 UTC 2022

Hi All,

I signed up for the job fair at the Washington Seminar. I'm concerned that
AccessiBe is listed as one of the exhibitors. This company continues to make
fraudulent claims that their overlay can fix any website accessibility
issues. This is not true. We know from experience that overlays always make
things worse. It's unfortunate that many companies and even government
agencies use them. AccessiBe refuses to engage in any meaningful dialog with
the blind community. They have been discredited by many accessibility
experts. AccessiBe engages in intimidation and scare tactics by warning
employers about demand letters and making false claims about the state of
accessibility in general.

I hope someone will bring this matter to the attention of our national
employment committee.

Thanks,

Dan