[IL-Talk] CommutersTakeAction | Linktree

Robert Hansen hansen.robert70 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 20:14:13 UTC 2022

https://linktr.ee/commuterstakeaction

Good afternoon federation people.

I saw this website on a bus stop sign on Pulaski just north of Irving Park
yesterday after I got off from work. I was curious about it and it had a QR
code and I went to the website and looked at it. Basically this is a
commuter transit action network of people. We all know that the Chicago
Transit authority is extremely lacking for months in a year or so. And I
like what the sticker said. The CTA is ghosting us so let's haunt them. And
basically you can leave information about where you are the bus stop and
comments about having to wait for eternity for a bus or a train. And I've
done it about two or three times since I got the website. So basically they
can share the information at monthly meetings. I don't know about all of
you but I'm really fed up with this way that the CTA has been treating
people. I don't know why it's hard to get people to go back to work. But
you know it is a well-paying job. That's my opinion on this frustrating
matter. There's no bus right now and every Saturday no bus that I can use
so it's like this on Saturdays and Sundays. Sometimes I haven't seen a
Kimball bus from 90 minutes and then when I see them it's like two or three
of them in a row. The bus bunching has gotten so bad over the past several
months or a year that it's really just unacceptable to me.

So I hope that this website finds you well. I guess if enough of us speak
up about it. Because right now the once agency that I used to always love
talking about and would always tell those hardcore drivers hey I ride
transit. And I've always loved riding the Chicago Transit authority. I've
always had good experiences with the CTA since I've visited Chicago and
subsequently moved to Chicago over 30 years ago. But like a lot of people I
feel disenfranchised and I feel like the CTA has just lost it and I think a
lot of people have had it up to here with the CTA. So you know I'm not
going to apologize for that agency. So just check out that website and
every time you have a late bus or a ghost bus just report it.

Robert Hansen
hansen.robert70 at gmail.com