[IL-Talk] Thank you for supporting pie Palooza

Sara Luna sol.sky.luna at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 03:38:53 UTC 2022

Thank you to all of our members who contributed to the Illinois Association of Blind Students Pie Palooza fundraiser.. Thanks to  many incredibly generous members, we reached our $1000 fundraising goal and, 5 Leaders  received a pie to the face.
The $200 goal was IABS president Ellen Bartelt.
Once we reach $200 our affiliate president Marilyn Green, challenged us to raise $100 in three minutes so that, Sara Luna, first vice president would receive a pie to the face. The $100 was Reyes so, Sara became the second recipient.
The $400 goal was NFB of Illinois secretary and IABS board member Deborah Stine.
The $600 goal was IABS secretary and 2022 national scholarship recipient Teresa Fabre.
The $800 goal was our national Association of Blind students representative Elizabeth Rouse.
Our original $1000 goal was  national representative Adelmo Vigil,.  however, the convention voted to donate an additional $100 to spare him from receiving a pie to the face.
The Illinois Association of blind students ultimately raise $1130. The IABS board and members are incredibly appreciative of everyone who supported our fundraiser through not just donating but, spreading the word and supporting the student division

We broadcasted all of our leaders receiving their pies to the phase through the national Federation of the blind of Illinois Facebook page. You can watch the Facebook live here, https://fb.watch/gtGHhyc3Jh/

Sara Luna,
She, her, hers.
Second Vice President National Association of Blind Students.
Board member, National Federation Of The Blind of Illinois.