[IL-Talk] Chicago Chapter Meetings

davant1958 at gmail.com davant1958 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 21:42:56 UTC 2022

Hello all,

I am writing as President of the Chicago chapter of the National Federation
of the Blind of Illinois. Several new people have joined the Chicago chapter
in the past few months. One of our newer members came to our hybrid board
meeting this past Saturday but wasn't sure if she was allowed into the
meeting. Thankfully, someone let her in.

I want to reaffirm that in keeping with the NFB of Illinois' policy,
generally all chapter meetings, including board meetings, committee meetings
and events are open meetings. We try to post all meeting notices to our
listservs, as well as announcing them during chapter meetings.

Per our affiliate and chapter constitutions, If you are a current dues
paying member, you can vote on motions and for officers during elections.
Chicago chapter board members vote during the board meeting. But, we welcome
your participation as long as you remain respectful.

As does our affiliate, we post all meeting dates and other important
information to our listservs. We also make announcements about meetings
events, and other key matters during our chapter meetings. Finally, if you
don't understand something or have a question about the National Federation
of the Blind, the affiliate or the Chicago chapter, I along with several
other veteran members are willing to answer your questions.

Please note that we will not have a hybrid chapter meeting in October but
will return to our hybrid meeting on November 12. Our next hybrid chapter
board meeting is scheduled for December, though the date has not been set.
Our chapter auction and December chapter hybrid meeting will be on December
10. More information will follow.

I hope you will go to nfbofillinois.org and register to attend our state
convention, October 28-October 30 at the Marriott Naperville Hotel in
Naperville Illinois.

Thank you and welcome to the National Federation of the Blind.