[IL-Talk] Illinois Accessible Vote By Mail

davant1958 at gmail.com davant1958 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 20:57:12 UTC 2023

Hello All,

As of May 13, 2022, all Illinois blind, low vision and print disabled voters
had the right to request an accessible ballot to be filled out using their
own assistive technology. We cannot return the ballot electronically.
Unfortunately, the election authorities may not be aware of the change in
the law. We are still working to have the Illinois State Board of Elections
train its election authorities on the law. One thing an individual or
chapter an do is begin to advocate for the use of AVBM well in advance of
the election. If you have difficulty, please reach out to me at
davant1958 at gmail.com <mailto:davant1958 at gmail.com> . Thank you.