[IL-Talk] New Issue of Future Reflections

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Fri Jun 2 18:07:24 UTC 2023

The latest issue of Future Reflections is now available online. This special
issue focuses on employment and employment readiness for blind people. Carla
McQuillan writes about helping blind children develop the skills and
confidence to participate fully at home and in the community, and Anil Lewis
discusses the crucial distinction between exceptions and accommodations for
blind students. Blind people in a variety of fields share their experiences
finding work and thriving in the workplace, and Juhi Narula reflects on the
concern that blind people too often may be siloed into work in the blindness
field, even when their interests lie elsewhere. You can find this issue of
Future Reflections at
https://nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/fr/fr42/2/fr4202tc.htm

Right now I am seeking articles for the next issue of Future Reflections. If
you have ideas for a topic you'd like us to cover, or if you'd like to try
writing a piece for the magazine, please feel free to get in touch with me.
Don't be shy if you've never written for publication before! Your ideas are
what count; leave the editing to us. We'd love to hear from you!

Debbie Stein

Dkent5817 at att.net <mailto:Dkent5817 at att.net>