[IL-Talk] NFB of Michigan Event

ellen bartelt embartelt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 19:13:13 UTC 2023

Hi Everyone,
I was sent information about an event taking place with the NFB of
Michigan the weekend of June 23. You can find all of the information
below my name. There is also a flyer attached to this email.
Ellen Bartelt

the information about the NFB
of Michigan’s R. E. A. L. program. I think
it is a great way for other students to support Michigan in hopefully
building and cultivating an interest in reestablishing a student
presence in our affiliate. Our landing page is www.nfbmi.org/real,
which is where information about the program and the two tracks are
available. I have also included the official flyer in this thread for
your use, which has the registration link embedded in it and includes
a QR code that takes users directly to the registration form. As we
have extended our registration deadline, I wanted to add a few items
that are specific to Illinois students for you to share in addition to
what is on the registration page:
•       As a courtesy, registration for Illinois students interested in
attending is $75. Simply using the payment option included or the
donate option on the NFB of Michigan webpage should take you to the
payment portal.
•       The weekend experience for students ages 14+ includes a variety of
social and professional development opportunities, including our Real
Career Fair, blind bowlers challenge, an etiquette dining experience,
and a formal black-tie gala with live orchestra performance.
Also, if students would like to ask me questions directly, they are
welcomed to send emails or questions to
President at nfbmi.org or via text (269) 216-8640 before June 15.

My Regards,

Robert Parsons,
•       The event has received local and regional  news attention, as we
have just been informed that we are being covered by Flint’s Channel
12 local ABC affiliate during the weekend experience.
•       The event has also received generous amounts of financial support,
including formal wear donations (vouchers for formal ties, shirts,
shoes, and donated gowns).