[IL-Talk] FW: [MN-at-Large] Job Opening at Minnesota State Services for the Blind

Robert Gardner rgardner4 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 19:18:14 UTC 2023

fyi.

-----Original Message-----
From: MN-At-Large <mn-at-large-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of David
Andrews via MN-At-Large
Sent: Thursday, March 9, 2023 9:55 AM
To: mn-at-large at nfbnet.org
Cc: dandrews920 at comcast.net
Subject: [MN-at-Large] Job Opening at Minnesota State Services for the Blind

From: Larges, Lisa (DEED) <lisa.larges at state.mn.us
<mailto:lisa.larges at state.mn.us> >
Sent: Wednesday, March 8, 2023 10:52 AM
To: Larges, Lisa (DEED) <lisa.larges at state.mn.us
<mailto:lisa.larges at state.mn.us> >
Subject: Your Assistance in Connecting with Job Seekers

Greetings,

Thank you for your time. I'm reaching out to you because State Services for
the Blind has another open position and we are hoping that you will consider
forwarding it on to your networks. It is our hope to circulate these job
announcements as broadly as possible in order to reach candidates who might
not otherwise know about these opportunities. We are deeply grateful for
your help.

This opening is for a Vocational Rehabilitation Technician, or VR Tech. A VR
Tech works with our vocational counselors in assisting blind, deafblind and
low vision customers in achieving their job goals.

The closing date for this position is March 17. I've listed the minimum
qualifications below, but the full description and a link to apply can be
found here on the careers.mn.gov website
<https://careers.mn.gov/psc/mnjob/MNCAREERS/HRCR/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH
_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1001&JobOpenin
gId=63536&PostingSeq=1&PortalActualURL=https%3a%2f%2fcareers.mn.gov%2fpsc%2f
mnjob%2fMNCAREERS%2fHRCR%2fc%2fHRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL%3fPage%3dHRS
_APP_JBPST_FL%26Action%3dU%26FOCUS%3dApplicant%26SiteId%3d1001%26JobOpeningI
d%3d63536%26PostingSeq%3d1&PortalRegistryName=MNCAREERS&PortalServletURI=htt
ps%3a%2f%2fcareers.mn.gov%2fpsp%2fmnjob%2f&PortalURI=https%3a%2f%2fcareers.m
n.gov%2fpsc%2fmnjob%2f&PortalHostNode=HRMS&NoCrumbs=yes&PortalKeyStruct=yes>

The job id number is 63536.

The minimum qualifications include skills in:

*	Microsoft Office Suite to manage, track, and report expenses,
financial transactions, and invoices
*	Accounting and math to accurately prepare and process financial
transactions
*	Keyboarding to enter data in a database or spreadsheet
*	Communication to provide prompt, courteous and accurate information
to vendors and customers
*	Human relations to negotiate, collaborate, build and maintain
positive working relationships with job seekers and employers

Lisa Larges | Outreach Coordinator
Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development State Services
for the Blind
2200 University Ave West, Suite 240, St. Paul MN 55114
Direct: 651-539-2300
Web <http://mn.gov/deed>  | Twitter <http://twitter.com/mndeed>  | Facebook
<http://facebook.com/mndeed>