[IL-Talk] Quads Gym Update

Maureen Reid Maureen.Reid at CHICAGOLIGHTHOUSE.ORG
Wed May 3 17:14:46 UTC 2023

Kelly and Andrew,
I could not have been more pleased and proud to learn of this outcome and how you both approached engaging with Quads gym. Like you stated Andrew, the outcome bears the result of grace, patience, and the desire to educate and teach, and not accelerate conflict.

What a great partnership between you both, congratulations.

Maureen Reid
Job Placement Counselor | Scholarship Coordinator  | Employment Services
Phone: 312.997.3655
Fax: 312.445.3640
www.chicagolighthouse.org

-----Original Message-----
From: IL-Talk <il-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Andrew Webb via IL-Talk
Sent: Wednesday, May 3, 2023 12:03 PM
To: NFB of Illinois Mailing List <il-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Andrew Webb <awebb2168 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [IL-Talk] Quads Gym Update

Thanks Kelly! I really appreciate your kind words, about both Equip for Equality and me personally. It's been and an honor and privilege to represent you in this matter. As Debbie noted, it is extremely unfortunate that in 2023 we as a community still have to fight these kind of cases. But what a relief to have finally gotten this one to a happy resolution, and kudos to you for your grace and patience throughout the process. We took the high road here, and the outcome bears that out. I'm delighted that you're having such a great workout experience at Quads, and that all vibes since your arrival there have been positive and welcoming. It has been rewarding to help show some folks the way from their fear and ignorance to a much better place and a better understanding of our capabilities as blind people. And I'm glad that you will continue to raise your profile within the lifting community and beyond.

Best to all,
Andrew