[IL-Talk] News of Writing Success

Robert Gardner rgardner4 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 19:18:45 UTC 2023

I'm posting this to the list knowing it's self-congratulatory, but I'm going
to do it anyway.

I think some of you know I've been interested in writing for some time,
mostly in the short story genre. I haven't been very active with that in
recent years, but now have had some success which I'd like to share with
other Federationists.

I was just notified by the magazine, Magnets and Ladders, that my short
story, "Seasons", has won 1st place in the Fall-Winter Short Fiction contest
for 2023-2024.

That was in addition to the news from Magnets and Ladders that my story,
"Decisions", won 1st place in the Spring-Summer Short Fiction contest for
2021.

Obviously, I'd highly recommend you writers out there consider submitting
material to Magnets and Ladders. It is a venue for disabled writers, and
they have many other categories besides short fiction. And besides their
contests, you can submit material for normal publication in their issues.

Robert Gardner