[IL-Talk] CTA Advisory Committee Meeting Date Change - Now October 10th

Kira O'Bradovich kobradov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 03:52:59 UTC 2023

Good Evening,

On behalf of the Chicago Chapter's Legislative/Advocacy Committee, I wanted
to ensure that all who were interested in attending or watching the Chicago
Transit Authority's ADA Advisory Committee Quarterly Meeting were aware
that they have recently changed the originally published date for October's
meeting on the website due to the holiday on Monday and will now take place
on Tuesday, October 10th at 1:30-4:00pm.

Following the reading of our public comment submitted and read at the July
2023 meeting, committee leadership noted they would plan to include a
presentation on updates and activation of audible announcements at new CTA
digital sign boards that provides updated wait times for trains throughout
stations. We look forward to learning more at the upcoming meeting and
hearing those announcements while traveling soon.

The committee has already submitted an updated statement on other issues of
concern to be read and several members plan to submit additional supporting
requests on behalf of our work to increase accuracy of bus announcements,
activate audible announcements and new digital CTA signage, and include, at
the very least, bus route numbers on the new bus stop signage being added
to increase accessibility that currently simply read "bus stop".

For more information on the committee and meetings please visit:
https://www.transitchicago.com/board/ada/.

With thanks,
Kira
kobradov at gmail.com