[IL-Talk] Directions for Gina's Wake

Glenn III gmoore3rd at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 05:18:41 UTC 2023

Hi guys, if anyone is interested in going to Gina's wake, Sunday, at the
same time, I'll share my plans (othewise, you may still find useful the
links and info below for planning your own trip via public transit).

I was already thinking of coming to the city for the Lighthouse's Rise to
Shine walk/run, so I'll come in the morning and head out to Chicago Heights
in the early afternoon (unless i learn that there's a more set time for
visitation).

I plan to take the Metra Electric
https://schedules.metrarail.com/pdf/alternative/ME.pdf
[FYI, this is odd compared to other Metra schedules--the weekend table
mashes Saturday and Sunday together with every column header saying if it's
Saturday, Sunday or both days, and then, since the table is very wide, the
trips after about 8pm are in a leftover table on the next page]

12:10pm, I'll leave from Millenium Station (Randolph at Michigan Ave)
1:09 get off at 211th street station (right after Olympia Fields)
211th, Lincoln Highway 30, and 14th Street are all the same street.

>From 211th street Metra, I want Pace bus 357 (which stops in the station
grounds)
https://www.pacebus.com/sites/default/files/2023-01/PaceRt357_20221110.pdf
Pace 357 goes straight east on 14th Street.
The funeral home is near the end of the block that is sandwiched between
Fairview Avenue followed by Division Street.
Panozzo Bros. 530 W. 14th St. Chicago Heights, IL 60411

Also, for the return trip, there's a 357 westbound bus stop on the opposite
(northeast) corner of Division and 211th (Hwy 30 or 14th st.)
-Glenn Moore III