[IL-Talk] September 9, 2023 Chicago Chapter Hybid Meeting with Agenda

chicago.president at nfbofillinois.org chicago.president at nfbofillinois.org
Tue Sep 5 14:04:22 UTC 2023

Hello All,

This is a friendly reminder that the next Chicago hybrid Chapter meeting
will be on September 9, 2023. We will have a board meeting prior to the
chapter meeting. Since we cannot generally get into Exchequer before noon,
we will plan to start our board meeting at 12:15 PM, and the regular meeting
will follow at 1:15 PM. The in-person meeting will take place at Exchequer
Restaurant and Pub, 226 S. Wabash, Chicago Illinois and over Zoom.

The Zoom information will follow this announcement. The agenda will follow
the Zoom information.

All are welcome to attend.

Also please take note of the following:

Presidential Release Live - Thursday, September 7, 2023 from 6-9 PM at
Exchequer. Please join us and meet Mark Riccobono, President, National
Federation of the Blind. We will have complementary pizza, salad and soft
drinks. Donations to the National Federation of the Blind are appreciated.

The Zoom information for the board and chapter meetings is

National Federation of the Blind of Illinois is inviting you to a scheduled
Zoom meeting.

Topic: Chicago Chapter Hybrid Meeting

Time: Sep 9, 2023 11:30 AM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://nfb-org.zoom.us/j/3123438396?pwd=ZFVJeW8zZDNrV0p0RmpWME83Zm85UT09

Meeting ID: 312 343 8396

Passcode: 6324

---

One tap mobile

+13092053325,,3123438396#,,,,*6324# US

+13126266799,,3123438396#,,,,*6324# US (Chicago)

AGENDA

Call to Order - Denise Avant, NFB of IL Chicago Chapter President

Introductions

Program Item: Gaining Independence through reliance on Assistive Technology
versus interdependence through human Interaction - Patti Chang

Approval of August 12, 2023 Secretary's Minutes - Debbie Kent Stein

Approval of Previously Tabled 2d Quarter Treasurer Report - Kira
O'Bradovich, Chicago Chapter Treasurer

Chapter Reports

Advocacy Report - Kira O'Bradovich, Chicago Chapter Advocacy Committee Chair

Fundraising Report - David Meyer, Chicago Chapter Committee Chair

Old Business

Battle of the Chapter Selection

Dave Meyer:

Lollypop - The cordets

Talkin candy bar blues - Peter Paul and Mary

Junkfood Junky - Larry Gross

Susie Cue. - Credence Clearwater revival

Jemal powel

popcorn Love - New Edition

Mary Grunwald ETC]

My Boy Lollipop - Milly Smalls